• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's DOOM PATROL on HBO Max

180 posts in this topic

I'm the biggest Doom Patrol fan you're likely to meet, and I think they nailed it. I don't want to see the same thing from any version of the comics, where the show has shined is in melding together ideas and stories from various incarnations of the book and putting their own spin on it. 

I also want to give a huge shout-out for the characterizations they came up with for Rita and Larry. Rita being kind of prissy and horrified by her condition is a far more interesting take then her classic Silver Age persona (which to be honest is kind of bland) and Larry being frustrated and lonely taps into some real pathos. 

I wonder if we'll get a Season 2! 

Edited by rlextherobot

On 5/27/2019 at 1:09 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, it's a good thing that some of us live up in the Great White North where we get both of these shows for free on the Space Network then.  (thumbsu

We do have to wait weeks before we can finish the season, though. What a horrible price to pay! :kidaround:

On 5/26/2019 at 1:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

Now that Doom Patrol Season 1 is over, it looks like whether it is IMDb, Metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes it was a winner.

It's definitely a winner relative to the other junky superhero (and related) shows.

Finally got off my lazy butt and took the free trial on DC Universe also I wanted to watch the FULL run of the new Swamp Thing and I must say the show was quite refreshing to watch. Kind of brings to mind a grungy X-Men coupled with Addams Family tropes, lol.

The nursing home episode with the "original Doom Patrol" by far took the cake for me in the writing department as well as seeing some of Grant Morrison's signature goofiness that makes his works iconic in a way. I'm glad to hear that a second season is on its way!

I loved the start but for some wierd reason Foxtel stopped it at episode 9??

I got up to ep #7 and then thought screw it, I'll wait, but they never restarted it.

Is HBO the only place to find  it as we don't have it here.

In fact we only have half the DC arrowverse which is exasperating when they do cross-overs!

Good show, just need to find the rest of season 1!

6 hours ago, Beige said:

I loved the start but for some wierd reason Foxtel stopped it at episode 9??

I got up to ep #7 and then thought screw it, I'll wait, but they never restarted it.

Is HBO the only place to find  it as we don't have it here.

In fact we only have half the DC arrowverse which is exasperating when they do cross-overs!

Good show, just need to find the rest of season 1!

I think HBO was the sole international market distribution source for Doom Patrol. Though for the UK it has Starzplay as another source.

Starzplay Lands UK Rights To DC Universe’s ‘Doom Patrol’

Streaming service Starzplay has landed the UK rights to Doom Patrol, and will premiere the DC Universe show on January 2, 2020.

It is currently in production on its second season after being renewed via a deal with HBO Max, which will show the first season once the streaming service launches in the U.S. in spring 2020. Warner Bros. International Television Distribution sells the show internationally.

Starzplay also announced earlier this week that it has acquired Spanish erotic thriller Instinto and Nordic Noir thriller Sanctuary. Separately, Starzplay will air Starz original drama The Rook in the UK.

Although some streaming sites offer this for purchase per episode.

Decider: Doom Patrol

Doom_Patrol_Streaming.PNG.c5b4e4898d7a4d348477596ee7f33237.PNG