• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's DOOM PATROL on HBO Max

180 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, drotto said:

This is one of those shows, I like but at the same time makes me question my taste because it is so weird.

Yet this show is so great nonetheless. With the nuttiest of characters. Including this season's new sympathy case, Dorothy.

Wow, that was a confusing and somewhat disjointed final episode.  I heard that the filming was interrupted do to COVID, and it really shows in this episode.  Feels like this was intended to be the second to last episode of the season not the final episode. Not sure they just cobbled together what they had, or just gave us the last completed episode they had.  Season 1 was 15 episodes and this one was just 9 just an observation.

What bothers me even more is with the demise of the DC streaming service, this show seems like it has an uncertain future, and this is what they left us with.  Seems like they should have just not aired the season yet, and given a better conclusion once filming was allowed to continue.

Edited by drotto

DOOM PATROL - PANEL

From DC FanDome to FanDOOM! Join the “world’s strangest heroes” — the Doom Patrol — for a deep-dive discussion into the beloved and bizarre series. Panel will feature executive producers Jeremy Carver and Chris Dingess, co-executive producer Tamara Becher-Wilkinson, and series stars Matt Bomer, Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby, Joivan Wade, Timothy Dalton, Karen Obilom, Abigail Shapiro, Riley Shanahan and Matthew Zuk. 35 min

DC’s Strangest Group of Heroes Will be Back to Save the World as HBO Max Greenlights a Third Season of DOOM PATROL

LOS ANGELES – September 12, 2020 – HBO Max has exclusively ordered critically acclaimed Max Original Doom Patrol for a third season. Hailed by fans as “pure, strange magic” and called “the most complex and best superhero series on TV right now” by Uproxx, the next chapter of Doom Patrol will see the return of the most unique and unusual group of Super Heroes in the DC Universe. All episodes from the first two seasons of the Warner Bros. Television series are available to stream now on HBO Max.

Doom Patrol executive producer Jeremy Carver said: “On behalf of the wonderful cast, writers and crew, we are thrilled and grateful for the opportunity to return to Doom Manor. And we are especially thankful for our partners at Berlanti Productions, Warner Bros. Television, DC UNIVERSE and, of course, HBO Max.”

“Doom Patrol came to HBO Max with an already deep and passionate fan base and has risen to the top as one of the most watched Max Originals on the platform,” said Sarah Aubrey, head of original content, HBO Max. “The series sits well in our portfolio and we are glad to greenlight a third season to continue this distinctive style of storytelling that resonates so well with critics and fans alike.”

In season two of Doom Patrol, DC’s strangest group of heroes — including Cliff Steele aka Robotman (Brendan Fraser), Larry Trainor aka Negative Man (Matt Bomer), Jane aka Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), Rita Farr aka Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby), and Victor Stone aka Cyborg (Joivan Wade) — attempted, once again, to save the world. Following the defeat of Mr. Nobody, the heroes found themselves mini-sized and stranded on Cliff’s toy race car track. They began to deal with their feelings of betrayal by Niles Caulder aka The Chief (Timothy Dalton), while confronting their own personal baggage. As each member faced the challenge of growing beyond their own past traumatic experiences, they realized they must come together to embrace and protect the newest member of the family: Dorothy Spinner (Abigail Shapiro), Niles’ daughter, whose powers remain a mysterious but real threat to bringing on the end of the world.

Doom Patrol is produced by Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with Jeremy Carver, Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, Chris Dingess and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers. The series is based on characters created for DC by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

Edited by Bosco685

DC's Doom Patrol season 3 is now in production, in preparation for its premiere on HBO Max. The production crew of Doom Patrol posted a photo on Instagram showing them gearing up for filming on season 3, while maintaining strict safety protocols due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The list of crew members listed in the hashtag includes the stunt coordinator, 2nd unit director, and the stunt team. Their message to DC fans reads: "Are we about to drop the most awesome socially distant album in history?! No. We tried and none of us can sing worth a mess, so I guess we’ll just go film some season 3 of @dcdoompatrol"

doompatrol01.PNG.23e911f9e764552ff8b67dc7e8478435.PNG

News of Doom Patrol's season 3 renewal came in September, during the second segment of DC's FanDome event. Fans had been wondering if Doom Patrol would make the cut of DC content that is being transferred from the DC Universe streaming service to HBO Max's growing DC content library. During DC FanDome part 2, HBO Max original content head Sara Aubrey made the following statement:

"Doom Patrol came to HBO Max with an already deep and passionate fan base and has risen to the top as one of the most watched Max Originals on the platform. The series sits well in our portfolio and we are glad to greenlight a third season to continue this distinctive style of storytelling that resonates so well with critics and fans alike."

On behalf of the wonderful cast, writers and crew, we are thrilled and grateful for the opportunity to return Doom Manor," series executive producer Jeremy Carver added. "And we are especially thankful for our partners at Berlanti Productions, Warner Bros. Television, DC Universe and, of course, HBO Max."

Doom Patrol season 1 and 2 are now streaming on HBO Max. Season 3 of the series is expected in 2021.

I recently got HBOMax as a part of my phone package.

Watched WW84 last weekend.  And started watching DOOM Patrol yesterday.

First two episodes were pretty good.  Robot and negative men were spot on , but Rita's ability was drastically.  More familiar with original series so I had not seen Jane.

Will likely binge more today

Speaking of which...

‘Doom Patrol’: The Brain & Monsieur Mallah To Appear In Season 3

Key members of DC’s Brotherhood of Evil will reportedly appear in season 3 of Doom Patrol. According to Lance Ausfresser of the Doom Patrol Facebook Group, The Brain and Monsieur Mallah will appear.

Created by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani in 1964, The Brotherhood of Evil debuted in Doom Patrol #86. Led by The Brain, the group’s original reason for forming was world domination. However, this was all a ploy to destroy Niles Caulder and his team. The original team comprised Brain, his henchman, the super-intelligent gorilla Monsieur Mallah, and the shapeshifting Madame Rouge.

The Brotherhood of Evil is yet another group of DC characters now set to appear in season 3. They join the Brotherhood of Dada, who will pose a unique threat to Niles group of misfits, and the Dead Boy Detectives.

The series stars Diane Guerrero as Jane, April Bowlby as Rita Farr, Alan Tudyk as Mr. Nobody, Matt Bomer as Larry Trainor, Brendan Fraser as Cliff Steele, Timothy Dalton as Niles Caulder, and Jovian Wade as Cyborg.

In this exclusive behind-the-scenes clip from 'Doom Patrol' season 2, makeup artist Bill Johnson explains the show's character creation process.

There are a lot of superhero stories around these days, but Doom Patrol distinguishes itself from the pack with visually arresting characters. These superheroes – including Robotman (Brendan Fraser and Riley Shanahan), Negative Man (Matt Bomer and Matthew Zuk), Crazy Jane (Diane Guerrero), Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby), and Cyborg (Joivan Wade) – are all victims of horrific accidents, which not only gave them strange superpowers but also unique visual designs.

Doom Patrol season 2 is out later this month on DVD and Blu Ray. Above, you can watch an exclusive clip from the disc's behind-the-scenes features explaining how the makeup team goes about designing the look for each character. Though season 2 newcomer Dorothy (Abigail Shapiro) sports a Wizard of Oz-inspired outfit and monkey-esque facial features are a far cry from Negative Man's mummy bandages and translucent skin, the design process is consistent.

"We start off with doing a life-cast of the actor, and then we will take that and sculpt out what we want the likeness to look like," makeup FX designer Bill Johnson explains in the clip. "We'll break down the sculptures into pieces, and then make molds off of those, and then we'll take those molds and create the prosthetics."

Doom Patrol season 2 is available on DVD and Blu Ray on Jan. 26, and can be streamed anytime on HBO Max (since its original home, DC Universe, no longer exists).

Handful of episodes in now.  Jane is growing on me and i was never a big fan of beast boy anyway.

Next episode IS  A-V-M

Is Cyborg  the most used character  in the DCU?  He seems to be a main member of every group

Happy there will be a season three

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

Doom Patrol is a comic I never once picked up and has become my favorite comic related series with WandaVision behind it. I guess I like the stranger stuff. And so far, DP Cyborg > JL Cyborg.

Same here when it comes to never having bothered with the Doom Patrol comics, yet fanatical over the show.

As far as Cyborg goes, hard to compare when Ray Fisher has only had two appearances and the primary was drastically tampered with. I can judge better when the Snyder Cut lands in two months.

But all the characters on this show really stand out. And the zaniness fit the structure of the show so well without feeling forced. Let me know when another show can make a city street a character in its story like Danny The Street.

Like the unique difference of Deadpool, Logan or even Guardian of the Galaxy with a tree called Groot and a raccoon named Rocket. Doom Patrol is crazy fun!