• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic panels that weren't ment to be what they ended up as
4 4

184 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

The  dialog in the balloon was changed, but the story's real. The kid ends up being royalty and Batman saves the baby and his parents from assassins.

That's not the story.  Bruce's cousin Jane has to go to the tropics urgently to look after her sick husband.  She leaves her baby with Bruce, Richard Grayson and Alfred - of course, neither of the three have a clue how to look after it.

The story centres around the trio trying to look after the tyke while trying to fight crime at the same time.

The baby hears Bruce being called Batman and from then on HE calls Bruce "Batman".  Bruce worries that his identity might be in danger should the baby call him Batman in front of someone.  The baby does indeed call Bruce "Batman" in front of its mother but Richard saves the day.

Edited by pemart1966

3 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

That's not the story.  Bruce's cousin Jane has to go to the tropics urgently to look after her sick husband.  She leaves her baby with Bruce, Richard Grayson and Alfred - of course, neither of the three have a clue how to look after it.

The story centres around the trio trying to look after the tyke while trying to fight crime at the same time.

The baby hears Bruce being called Batman and from then on HE calls Bruce "Batman".  Bruce worries that his identity might be in danger should the baby call him Batman in front of someone.  The baby does indeed call Bruce "Batman" in front of its mother but Richard saves the day.

By hurling it out the window?

16 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

And I pretty funny ad I found

9751ae088689f8f0bc9b5db0964af149.jpg

jaw-dropping.gif

4 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Alright, I got it mixed up with another story with Batman babysitting a kid who was seemingly abandoned by his parents. The rest of it is what I wrote in the earlier post.

18 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

But...wasn't Alfred already at Wayne Manor when Bruce was born? He may not have been full guardian at the time, but I'd've figured him for doing at least some of the work looking after Baby Bruce...

11 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

But...wasn't Alfred already at Wayne Manor when Bruce was born? He may not have been full guardian at the time, but I'd've figured him for doing at least some of the work looking after Baby Bruce...

That was a retcon. Originally Alfred became Batman's butler as an adult, after Bruce was already Batman.

16 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

See Batman #16 for the "origin" of Alfred...

1 hour ago, Cocomonkey said:
20 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

true story-- they got the idea for Three Men and a Baby from this comic book.

That explains why it was such a horrible movie. I always wondered how somebody came up with that dufus -script.