• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Action Comics #1 CGC 8.5 for Sale On ComicConnect
3 3

229 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

it is my understanding you can clean the staples without losing the color of the holder ? buy they have to be the original staples, 15  years  allowed the change?

By all accounts the rust on the staples previously was very minimal.  Early on CGC was much more liberal with the use of label notes and stricter with the PQ.  Even today, you can resubmit a book and get the label notes removed.  This doesn't mean the staples were cleaned or replaced.  

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

Shrug no inside info here so maybe you know some of the actual bidders, but as infrequently as these come around in blue labels I could see a megaimillionaire wanting an unrestored copy bad might have been more willing to bid up on the 4.0 on HA if he thought no other blue label copy was going to come available for a few years, but decided to pass and go all out for the 8.5.  I could very easily see the bidders for both of these copies being some of the same people....but just a wild conjecture I admit!

(thumbsu

2 hours ago, szavisca said:

Shrug no inside info here so maybe you know some of the actual bidders, but as infrequently as these come around in blue labels I could see a megaimillionaire wanting an unrestored copy bad might have been more willing to bid up on the 4.0 on HA if he thought no other blue label copy was going to come available for a few years, but decided to pass and go all out for the 8.5.  I could very easily see the bidders for both of these copies being some of the same people....but just a wild conjecture I admit!

If someone wants a copy bad enough and has the cash, they don’t need to wait for an auction :)

1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

All natural baby!

5 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

hm  I would definitely want to have you graded to make sur you would garner a blue label :baiting:

Does gray hair affect the grade?  :insane:

7 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

Cleaned staples result in a blue/purple label generally and replaced staples in green label

My concern here is the pages quality went up..to white which would seem to me to be at the most at risk with rusty staples, the non disclosure is very troubling to me...especially a book of this statute and the prices that are about to being paid...seems unfair at the very least. By cleaning them, and  it changes the label...it implies the condition of the staple is material, and should be disclosed.

Edited by Mmehdy

51 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

My concern here is the pages quality went up..to white which would seem to me to be at the most at risk with rusty staples, the non disclosure is very troubling to me...especially a book of this statute and the prices that are about to being paid...seems unfair at the very least. By cleaning them, and  it changes the label...it implies the condition of the staple is material, and should be disclosed.

7 hours ago, buttock said:

By all accounts the rust on the staples previously was very minimal.  Early on CGC was much more liberal with the use of label notes and stricter with the PQ.  Even today, you can resubmit a book and get the label notes removed.  This doesn't mean the staples were cleaned or replaced.  

8 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

The staples were not cleaned. The rust is still there