• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Byrne Coming To Fan Expo Canada
3 3

92 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Sorry, I believe Byrne is only signing and promoting the Star Trek graphic novel in conjunction with fellow Canadian Wm Shatner. Which means no :blahblah: sigs on X-men, FF, Iron Fist, Marvel Team Up, Wheelie Chopper Bunch 1 & 3, Charlton's Doomsday +1, Emergency #1, E-man back up Rogue, Dark Horse Comics, DC, etc.

Yeah, I understood that form the jump. My statement was more wish list than misunderstanding. 

On 5/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, aardvark88 said:

Sorry, I believe Byrne is only signing and promoting the Star Trek graphic novel in conjunction with fellow Canadian Wm Shatner. Which means no :blahblah: sigs on X-men, FF, Iron Fist, Marvel Team Up, Wheelie Chopper Bunch 1 & 3, Charlton's Doomsday +1, Emergency #1, E-man back up Rog-2000, Dark Horse Comics, DC, etc.

Did he ever mention that on his forum? I'm trying to find any posts regarding his upcoming appearances but am having troubles. That's a bummer that he'll probably just by signing Star Trek items.

Yeah - where are folks getting the info on what he will/won’t sign at the FE shows?  Is there anything that can be linked to or is it conjecture?

On 5/31/2018 at 5:30 PM, roach04 said:

Yeah - where are folks getting the info on what he will/won’t sign at the FE shows?  Is there anything that can be linked to or is it conjecture?

I know someone who works at IDW, and they confirmed with me that he will ONLY be signing the Star Trek books. He’s already told *them* not to market it for ANY OTHER items. Star Trek items only. Period. 

Edited by RadiantGraphix

7 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

I know someone who works at IDW, and they confirmed with me that he will ONLY be signing the Star Trek books. He’s already told the mom not to market it for ANY OTHER items. Star Trek items only. Period. 

Thanks for the heads up!

2 hours ago, RadiantGraphix said:

The information is the same regardless... he's only going to sign that Star Trek book... nothing else.

Bc I'm not on top of it - what is "that" Star Trek book?  It can't be any Byrne IDW Star Trek's?  (I've actually got some of his Trek singles and maybe a TPB...)

21 hours ago, roach04 said:

Bc I'm not on top of it - what is "that" Star Trek book?  It can't be any Byrne IDW Star Trek's?  (I've actually got some of his Trek singles and maybe a TPB...)

Actually, I’m not sure why I phrased it that way. It’s likely that he’s signing any IDW Star Trek books and trades. I believe he also has a special release at that show. I forget if it’s a artifact edition or something similar.   The main take away is that he will only be signing Star Trek books. No Marvel. 

8 hours ago, Yurgo said:

Why won't he sign anything else?

Google it. 

Pretty sure he has stuff on his own blog site  about it too. 

1 minute ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Actually, I’m not sure why I phrased it that way. It’s likely that he’s signing any IDW Star Trek books and trades. I believe he also has a special release at that show. I forget if it’s a artifact edition or something similar.   The main take away is that he will only be signing Star Trek books. No Marvel. 

Google it. 

Pretty sure he has stuff on his own blog site  about it too. 

He may sign the IDW artists or artifact edition books. They are IDW and technically not Marvel. 

Straight from John Byrne's website yesterday... now deleted (because I think he knows he looks like a fool responding this way).
But here you go!  John Byrne is one of the few creators I know of that is a complete jerk to the vast majority of his fans.

35651015_10216088299222904_8091302770268700672_n.thumb.jpg.3a15d08879b26af813776eb1c3a3780c.jpg

Edited by RadiantGraphix

1 hour ago, RadiantGraphix said:

Straight from John Byrne's website yesterday... now deleted (because I think he knows he looks like a fool responding this way).
But here you go!  John Byrne is one of the few creators I know of that is a complete jerk to the vast majority of his fans.

35651015_10216088299222904_8091302770268700672_n.thumb.jpg.3a15d08879b26af813776eb1c3a3780c.jpg

Thing is, there are probably a bunch of fans that would have no problem doing that if would get their non-ST items signed!

17 hours ago, somewhereintexas said:

Thing is, there are probably a bunch of fans that would have no problem doing that if would get their non-ST items signed!

I would enjoy being special for day, of that's what it takes  (:

Somehow I missed this thread completely.

Every guest, be it an actor or creator or author or cosplayer, has rules for their signings. Some charge, some don't. Some charge after a certain number of books are signed, some charge for items that are to be graded and some don't. Some require you to buy a print or a book in order to get other items signed. Some set signing limits in advance, some don't. Some artists sketch and some don't. Some charge more for certain items than they do others. Not every guest tells us their signing and/or sketching policy in advance, but when people contact us requesting information we will do our best to obtain that information for you so you have time to prepare for it. When we hold signings in the signing area we often have to set a limit to the number of items you can get signed in order to accommodate as many people as possible in the time we have on the guest's schedule.

We will be publishing a statement soon re: Mr. Byrne about his signings and special event. There may have been some things said in advance that people have jumped on as being "aha" (which have been deleted from the Byrne Robotics website), and many use the policy for the signing run last year for an IDW booth signing as being 'the' rules. Many people have questions, and we are working to get them all answered but he says for now: "Of those questions, the only one I can at present answer is that I don't charge for my autograph."

He has a special event with William Shatner, and we are working out his schedule for the rest of the show and figuring out how his public signings will work, what limits, will he want a table or scheduled signings, what requirements he has and so on. I have assurances that he will sign other items than IDW books, but he is there to promote his Trek books with some two exclusive items being released at the event, but I'd like to have the final statement before I can say anything more. We hope to have the details for you before the end of June.

Generally not. It has been allowed before (as with John Cassaday a few years ago), but at the comics signing area is generally for free autographs. We don't get involved with what a guest does at their tables, aside from monitor lines/crowd control. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd

9 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Generally not. It has been allowed before (as with John Cassaday a few years ago), but at the comics signing area is generally for free autographs. We don't get involved with what a guest does at their tables, aside from monitor lines/crowd control. 

Thanks Kevin!