• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Byrne Coming To Fan Expo Canada
3 3

92 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

I have inquired and I am being told that it is uncertain at this time if he will sign for CGC

Would it be embarrassing to admit that the idea of another Byrne SS opp gets me so excited, I'm slightly aroused....?

Yes...?

Ok, never mind then.

I actually don't care if he allows CGC or not - be awesome to meet the legend in person.  I do hope that he'll sign Marvel, DC, Dark Horse work.  And if he does, that it's a big limit (like 20 books! LOL).  If it's 2-3 books (the more likely scenario) this will be the toughest selection of books in my con history.  I've got 500+ comics that have some kind of Byrne work in them.  Trying to limit to 2-3 will be nearly impossible.

I am stoked for this - Byrne is literally that last of my "legends" that I've never met.

29 minutes ago, roach04 said:

I actually don't care if he allows CGC or not - be awesome to meet the legend in person.  If it's 2-3 books (the more likely scenario) this will be the toughest selection of books in my con history.  I've got 500+ comics that have some kind of Byrne work in them.  Trying to limit to 2-3 will be nearly impossible - Byrne is literally that last of my "legends" that I've never met.

Almost met Byrne at a local Great White North comicon in Dec, 1980 but he was signing Sat. and Sun. afternoons while I only attended the con Friday after work and Sat. morning. Wonder if Byrne will be charging Liefeld sig rates of $80 to sign a key comic (e.g. X-men 108) or $40 for a non or small key (Wheelie & Chopper Bunch 1 or (: Namor #1).

I don't know Byrne's policies at all - but wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those guys that does something like "first 3 are free, then $X thereafter" in a general line.  But I guess we'll see.

Full transparency - I'll pay whatever he asks for.  And given that it sounds like it'll be a Byrne/Shatner combo, I can't see Byrne charging more than Bill Shatner does!

I got to meet him finally at NYCC last year with IDW. It was....it was.

The odds against him doing SS are 107,298,113 to 1, but...you know...hope springs eternal.

Can you IMAGINE...?

Thoughts of 9.8 double signed X-Men #108-143 make me cry.

1 hour ago, roach04 said:

I don't know Byrne's policies at all - but wouldn't surprise me if he's one of those guys that does something like "first 3 are free, then $X thereafter" in a general line.  But I guess we'll see.

Full transparency - I'll pay whatever he asks for.  And given that it sounds like it'll be a Byrne/Shatner combo, I can't see Byrne charging more than Bill Shatner does!

As far as I know he has never charged for signatures at a convention. His old policy when going to conventions with more regularity was 15 per family per day. 

11 hours ago, somewhereintexas said:

If that's the case, I can't imagine what a triple signed with Terry Austin would do.  lol

About the same. I've got respect for Austin, but he doesn't make me tingle like Byrne and Claremont.

If you give him a comic with a reprint of his work to sign (such as I did with my Magneto 0 back in the mid 1990s) you will get a reprint signature in the form of a stamp he has. He is quick and enjoys this, so be prepared.

If you’ve never been to Byrne’s site, it’s a hoot. http://www.byrnerobotics.com/

---------------------------

A sticky post about conventions:
I Don't Do 'Em.

Sorry. NO EXCEPTIONS. 

PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT JIM WARDEN ABOUT PERSONAL APPEARANCES OR INTERVIEWS. Jim is my art dealer, NOT my agent.

And while we're at it, PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT FRIENDS IN THE BIZ ABOUT ME MAKING PERSONAL APPEARANCES OR GIVING INTERVIEWS. Howard Mackie, Roger Stern, etc, etc are not my agents, either.

--------------------------

BUT - someone created a thread about it there, announcing it, and Byrne has responded, without denying it so….

It's looking like it WILL happen!

Byrne announced on his forum he's only signing Star Trek books unless he has enough downtime to set up on his own. He also said the limit is 10 books per family per day.