• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How badly do printing/binding errors affect grade?

3 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Looking for some advice. Just picked up a copy of issue 1 of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Cover is in excellent condition - lays flat, sharp corners, etc - but when I opened up the comic there are what looks like binder markings running the entire length of the interior page. It's really noticeable front and back because of the black pages. On the rest of the pages it's reversed out (black marks against white). I'm presuming this is a binding/printing error of some description. My question is how badly would this affect the grade (quite significantly I'd guess). 

Thanks for looking.

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Edited by remoteboy

My question would be regarding whether nearly every copy of this book has this same manufacturing flaw. I've seen books that all had the same manufacturing flaw, and they received a more lenient grade because "they all have it." Those books would still get up to a 9.6 with that particular flaw because the flaw was so common. I hope that answers your question...