• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Isola Thread
1 1

44 posts in this topic

Any other boardies reading this?  Is this the next Monstress?  I personally love it so far and it's been getting good reviews.  It's like a fantasy dystopia Miyazaki comic book. 

I  picked up 2 copies of the rarer Virgin Isola #2 this past week at my LCS . 

Edited by Wolverinex

I had been waiting for Isola since it was announced sometime around the Image at 25 Humble Bundle. Where they included a signed letter pressed print.

I've really enjoyed the first two issues, and even bought the C2E2 variant so that I could read it a week or two before the official release.

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

On the #1 First Prints, is there a line at the bottom edge of the front cover on others' copies?

Or is it just me?

I have it on one of my copies, and I've seen it on others.  It is actually the bottom and right edges of mine, and i think just due to the cut.  I also found one without it.

7 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Which version are you talking about?

I just went and looked, and it isn't actually a line.  It's just that the front cover is slightly smaller than the rest of the book, so the remaining pages were showing.  It was the 1B cover I believe (the one with both Olwyn and Rook walking through the forest).

1 hour ago, aardvark88 said:

Outstanding color, and Isola #1 is on 3rd printing while #2 is on 2nd printing already.

The colour in issue 3 blew me away... I don't usually sit up and notice the colouring but each spread was eye popping