• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you sell a $2500 comic to someone that has 2 feedbacks?
1 1

37 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

I only sell to US bidders. Good luck trying to track a book to Europe or Canada and prove that they actually got it

If the seller uses the GSP then he will have tracking the whole way...

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Because you lose tracking ability from your computer once it's out of the US.

???

The GSP has provided me with point to point tracking on sales to Canada, Australia, the UK, Germany, Hungary, and Spain most recently this year so far.

3 hours ago, plumcrazy70 said:

From personal experience I would say no. It looks like you were able to get it sold and paid for, which is good. I had a situation where I sold an item for about $350. Buyer was communicating well initially to purchase the item and as soon as it was delivered, they opened a case with the reason being "item not as described or pictured", which was not true. I tried to reach out to the buyer to see what was going on and he would not respond to me and then proceeded to escalate it. Long story short, ebay sided with him, granted the return, even though there was no real issue and the buyer returned a box with about 20 sheets of printer paper. He purchased and received a pair of shoes. As soon as ebay saw that his return was delivered through tracking, they issued him a refund. Ever since I refuse to sell on ebay. There was no investigation or anything on their part. They will almost always side with the buyer. I don't say this to scare you but to give some perspective on why some people may have said no to selling such a high price item to a buyer with little to no feedback. A week later that user name was ditched and he probably created another to continue scamming people

Nice screen name. I'm a Mopar fan myself, don't own one though. If you tell me it's a "70 Barracuda, I'll be quite jealous lol 

2 hours ago, Foley said:

Nice screen name. I'm a Mopar fan myself, don't own one though. If you tell me it's a "70 Barracuda, I'll be quite jealous lol 

Thanks and actually my car is a 70' Cuda (In-Violet for Plymouth but I just like the sound of Plum Crazy better). Ive personally always gravitated towards the Cuda first and Challenger second.

3 hours ago, plumcrazy70 said:

Thanks and actually my car is a 70' Cuda (In-Violet for Plymouth but I just like the sound of Plum Crazy better). Ive personally always gravitated towards the Cuda first and Challenger second.

Nice to see other Mopar fans on here. I have a In-violet 70 Duster 340 4 speed Duster.

Edited by maraxusofkeld

11 hours ago, plumcrazy70 said:

(worship)

8 hours ago, maraxusofkeld said:

Nice to see other Mopar fans on here. I have a In-violet 70 Duster 340 4 speed Duster.

(worship)

23 hours ago, plumcrazy70 said:

From personal experience I would say no. It looks like you were able to get it sold and paid for, which is good. I had a situation where I sold an item for about $350. Buyer was communicating well initially to purchase the item and as soon as it was delivered, they opened a case with the reason being "item not as described or pictured", which was not true. I tried to reach out to the buyer to see what was going on and he would not respond to me and then proceeded to escalate it. Long story short, ebay sided with him, granted the return, even though there was no real issue and the buyer returned a box with about 20 sheets of printer paper. He purchased and received a pair of shoes. As soon as ebay saw that his return was delivered through tracking, they issued him a refund. Ever since I refuse to sell on ebay. There was no investigation or anything on their part. They will almost always side with the buyer. I don't say this to scare you but to give some perspective on why some people may have said no to selling such a high price item to a buyer with little to no feedback. A week later that user name was ditched and he probably created another to continue scamming people

One of a few reasons I haven't tried to sell anything on Ebay either.  The fact you can't leave negative feedback for buyers is another one.  If I do decide to sell on Ebay, it will be a relatively cheap item. 

52 minutes ago, Eugeneebay said:

Just an update:  buyer paid immediately, I overnight expressed shipped it with signature confirmation and insurance, and now buyer has left me positive feedback for the transaction! 

Told you so. :sumo:

13 hours ago, Eugeneebay said:

Just an update:  buyer paid immediately, I overnight expressed shipped it with signature confirmation and insurance, and now buyer has left me positive feedback for the transaction! 

Best case scenario! Glad to hear that everything worked out ^^

And the moral of the story is that, on the off chance you look up somebody's ebay user name on Instagram, it doesn't mean they're a young girl in Europe trying to scam comics from you.

At least, not most of the time.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:35 PM, ygogolak said:

Good point. 90 day is $1,300. There have been 7 sales this year. Highest recorded was last year at $2,400.

But, that was the only blue label. The prices above are blue label. The only options now are SS in the $3k range.

Congrats on the sale and new high! Hope everything works out.

Revisiting this thread almost four months later:  while I was thrilled to set the new record of $2500 in May, I see now that a recent sale hit $3400!?! Wow!

I still have one more, but it’s a 9.6.  What do you think a 9.6 should be sell for now that a 9.8 got $3400?  

Edited by Eugeneebay

10 hours ago, Eugeneebay said:

Revisiting this thread almost four months later:  while I was thrilled to set the new record of $2500 in May, I see now that a recent sale hit $3400!?! Wow!

I still have one more, but it’s a 9.6.  What do you think a 9.6 should be sell for now that a 9.8 got $3400?  

$1,700

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, maraxusofkeld said:
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, plumcrazy70 said:

Since I owned a 1969 Mach 1 for years my first joke to Dodge fans went like this. "Hey how was the Mopar show last week? Did the other fan buy anything?" lol