• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those Damn Comics
2 2

110 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I also agree to this 100%.  This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.  Now Paul likely knows how to detect restoration fairly well, and already mentioned his first instinct, but the assurance of getting a refund in the case that resto is detected is why he went for the deal.  He should still be looked after properly.

For me, though, I would have just handed it back and let him keep it. 2c

I agree with this.

This scenario is similar to what happened at the Calgary Expo with the seller that had all the color touched books. Once I found several undisclosed color touched books I just didn't buy anything from that seller...whether he knew it was there or not.

17 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I also agree to this 100%.  This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.  Now Paul likely knows how to detect restoration fairly well, and already mentioned his first instinct, but the assurance of getting a refund in the case that resto is detected is why he went for the deal.  He should still be looked after properly.

Are you saying the OP is Dad & Son?  

6 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
25 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Are you saying the OP is Dad & Son? 

:popcorn:

There is, in my mind, a slight issue of ownership for the buyer and the situation.

Like, maybe the seller is 95%...or even 98%...responsible, while the buyer has a smidge of responsibility, as it smelled a little funny to him.

As Kellyn says, you gotta go with your gut.

6 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, yeah. 

I knew he was a shill when he first joined.  The nerve of that guy to come back after being banned for stealing another boardies wife.  :facepalm:  Really Paul?  Not to mention teaming up with Redhook to stage a fake Ebay auction with a Green River, to bait a UK boardie that was cutting into Brad's Green Rivers, getting him banned too.  He was no angel either but still..  

33 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I knew he was a shill when he first joined.  The nerve of that guy to come back after being banned for stealing another boardies wife.  :facepalm:  Really Paul?  Not to mention teaming up with Redhook to stage a fake Ebay auction with a Green River, to bait a UK boardie that was cutting into Brad's Green Rivers, getting him banned too.  He was no angel either but still..  

Well, to be more precise, he wasn’t banned for stealing another boardie’s wife.  He was banned because he created an enourmous distraction to other boardies, as we were all upset at him for stealing another boardie’s wife. 

2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, to be more precise, he wasn’t banned for stealing another boardie’s wife.  He was banned because he created an enourmous distraction to other boardies, as we were all upset at him for stealing another boardie’s wife. 

To be even more precise, he wasn't actually banned at all.

But are you sure that Paul is the one under the Red_Hood?

1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.

So, when you're dealing with someone without scruples, do you really need to show any scruples?

19 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

To be even more precise, he wasn't actually banned at all.

But are you sure that Paul is the one under the Red_Hood?

He was banned!