• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Those Damn Comics
2 2

110 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Jerkfro said:

He waited a whole 8 weeks to come back.  Out of respect for Arch i'm done posting about this.  We will see if he is allowed to stay.

8 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

He was banned!  

"Whether these two may eventually return will be left an open question. However, it should be understood that any inflaming of this situation from any perspective on the issue will be considered a violation of the core goal of moderation and will be strike-worthy.

Leave it alone, folks. This whole situation is not an on-topic discussion for these boards."

Maybe people in this thread should watch what they post, to avoid running afoul of the moderators.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced that it's him. If Andy knows with 100% certainty that it is, I guess I can accept that... but there are so many things in Red_Hood's posting history that otherwise make me think there's no way it could be him.

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I knew he was a shill when he first joined.  The nerve of that guy to come back after being banned for stealing another boardies wife.  :facepalm:  Really Paul?  Not to mention teaming up with Redhook to stage a fake Ebay auction with a Green River, to bait a UK boardie that was cutting into Brad's Green Rivers, getting him banned too.  He was no angel either but still..  

Well now we know the OP's scruples here. 

I dont know your seller who sold the books to you, but if there was any thought of color touch why would you buy it?

35 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

"Whether these two may eventually return will be left an open question. However, it should be understood that any inflaming of this situation from any perspective on the issue will be considered a violation of the core goal of moderation and will be strike-worthy.

Leave it alone, folks. This whole situation is not an on-topic discussion for these boards."

Maybe people in this thread should watch what they post, to avoid running afoul of the moderators.

Anyway, I'm still not convinced that it's him. If Andy knows with 100% certainty that it is, I guess I can accept that... but there are so many things in Red_Hood's posting history that otherwise make me think there's no way it could be him.

This isn't the first time he's been accused of being Dad & Son

51 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

There are people here that know Paul Clairmont. They know him as PNJ Comics. They know him as Paul the Presser. They know him only as Red_Hood here on the boards. 

Paul Clairmont aka Dad & Son. 

Dad & Son = Red_Hood

16 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

This isn't the first time he's been accused of being Dad & Son

Okay, but what does that prove? Even in that thread, Roy said "If it is him, he knows about pressing well because he's been pressing his own books for years." when people were criticizing the result of the press job he was showing off. Unless he was just trolling, that wasn't him.

Jaydogrules constantly accuses me of being darkstar and RMA. So what? Only one scumbag is dumb enough to want to believe his contention that I'm an alternate account rather than a real person.

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

There are people here that know Paul Clairmont.

Yes.

They know him as PNJ Comics.

Yes.

They know him as Paul the Presser.

Yes.

Paul Clairmont aka Dad & Son. 

Yes.

They know him only as Red_Hood here on the boards. 

Dad & Son = Red_Hood

Here's where you lose me. I've seen and talked to Paul many times at local shows and I can't imagine him making some of the posts that Red_Hood has, especially in the Modern section.

Do you have any proof? Maybe something from those who have transacted with him on the boards?

3 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, to be more precise, he wasn’t banned for stealing another boardie’s wife.  He was banned because he created an enourmous distraction to other boardies, as we were all upset at him for stealing another boardie’s wife. 

I remember that

43 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Okay, but what does that prove? Even in that thread, Roy said "If it is him, he knows about pressing well because he's been pressing his own books for years." when people were criticizing the result of the press job he was showing off. Unless he was just trolling, that wasn't him.

Jaydogrules constantly accuses me of being darkstar and RMA. So what? Only one scumbag is dumb enough to want to believe his contention that I'm an alternate account rather than a real person.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Here's where you lose me. I've seen and talked to Paul many times at local shows and I can't imagine him making some of the posts that Red_Hood has, especially in the Modern section.

Do you have any proof? Maybe something from those who have transacted with him on the boards?

You're going to find that the lack of denial from Red_Hood will speak volumes.   I doubt he would want to jeopardize his reputation at PNJ by lying about this.  

Yeah, I have a friend who's met him, and they've been in touch on the CGC boards, user name Red_Hood.  

While certain posts may not seem like him, it's him. Hey, maybe it's his son... 

21 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

You're going to find that the lack of denial from Red_Hood will speak volumes.   I doubt he would want to jeopardize his reputation at PNJ by lying about this.  

Yeah, I have a friend who's met him, and they've been in touch on the CGC boards, user name Red_Hood.  

While certain posts may not seem like him, it's him. Hey, maybe it's his son... 

So how can he continue to post here if he's banned?

26 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

So how can he continue to post here if he's banned?

Arch had said "Whether these two may eventually return will be left an open question." 

Anyway, he's back.  

I did want to comment as I'm not trying to hide anything.  As Greggy pointed out, it has been known for years that its me.  I've had conversation with the old guard around here for years.  Conducting business with many of them.  Even Joeypost addressed me directly by name early on in a thread and I addressed him back.  But the point I'm here to make is that ancient history is being tossed around and that's fine with me.  I get that people dislike or hate the old D&S.  Heck, even I do, that was well over a decade ago and I don't like that chapter or the person that was in it.  So I get it and you guys can go ahead and attack him (At least the ones that knew me then)  I'm ok with that.  But I have paid my dues for that life and moved it forward.

I returned here in 2011 because I do love the hobby but as the years of being on the boards went on.  I saw a new generation and a new attitude on these forums.

Gone were the guys with great information.  Hardly anyone like that even came here anymore.  It was replaced with facebook sellers and the amount of bullying posts was tenfold.  So when I saw many people attacking others and bad sellers breaking rules and the number of transactions going south I became soured with how this place was becoming the wild west and no better then any other place on the internet and I began to post hard against those doing it and speaking out against the bullying and rule breaking in sales threads.

Anyways, I was never in hiding but make no mistake I am also not the person from 12 years ago.  I will address this, I wasn't banned, I was asked to take a sabbatical.

ps.  This doesn't take away the fact I was sold 3 color touched books as not restored and paid FMV for unrestored books. 

36 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I did want to comment as I'm not trying to hide anything.  As Greggy pointed out, it has been known for years that its me.  I've had conversation with the old guard around here for years.  Conducting business with many of them.  Even Joeypost addressed me directly by name early on in a thread and I addressed him back.  But the point I'm here to make is that ancient history is being tossed around and that's fine with me.  I get that people dislike or hate the old D&S.  Heck, even I do, that was well over a decade ago and I don't like that chapter or the person that was in it.  So I get it and you guys can go ahead and attack him (At least the ones that knew me then)  I'm ok with that.  But I have paid my dues for that life and moved it forward.

I returned here in 2011 because I do love the hobby but as the years of being on the boards went on.  I saw a new generation and a new attitude on these forums.

Gone were the guys with great information.  Hardly anyone like that even came here anymore.  It was replaced with facebook sellers and the amount of bullying posts was tenfold.  So when I saw many people attacking others and bad sellers breaking rules and the number of transactions going south I became soured with how this place was becoming the wild west and no better then any other place on the internet and I began to post hard against those doing it and speaking out against the bullying and rule breaking in sales threads.

Anyways, I was never in hiding but make no mistake I am also not the person from 12 years ago.  I will address this, I wasn't banned, I was asked to take a sabbatical.

ps.  This doesn't take away the fact I was sold 3 color touched books as not restored and paid FMV for unrestored books. 

Thank you for being the new CGC forum hero. 

51 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

I am glad that you posted and addressed this.

I actually like you as Red_Hood.  We need people like you who try to keep the sales threads adhering to the rules.  From what I've read of your posts, you have actually been a decent contributor and shown respect to other boardies, with the exception of how you reacted to  oakman29 in this thread. 

Now, I must say, I was never fond of your actions that lead to your sabbatical.  As you've pointed out, that was a long time ago.  I never really thought about how long ago that truly was.  People can and do change.

I've always believed that one of the greatest things that we can do as people is forgive.  Not that you need it from me specifically, but I'm going to move on.  :foryou:

Andy

9 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I actually like you as Red_Hood.  We need people like you who try to keep the sales threads adhering to the rules.  From what I've read of your posts, you have actually been a decent contributor and shown respect to other boardies, with the exception of how you reacted to  oakman29 in this thread. 

I'd double check that. He's been the same to many other people who disagree with him.