Those Damn Comics
3 3

110 posts in this topic

13,834 posts
5 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I also agree to this 100%.  This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.  Now Paul likely knows how to detect restoration fairly well, and already mentioned his first instinct, but the assurance of getting a refund in the case that resto is detected is why he went for the deal.  He should still be looked after properly.

 

For me, though, I would have just handed it back and let him keep it. 2c

I agree with this.

This scenario is similar to what happened at the Calgary Expo with the seller that had all the color touched books. Once I found several undisclosed color touched books I just didn't buy anything from that seller...whether he knew it was there or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,049 posts
17 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I also agree to this 100%.  This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.  Now Paul likely knows how to detect restoration fairly well, and already mentioned his first instinct, but the assurance of getting a refund in the case that resto is detected is why he went for the deal.  He should still be looked after properly.

 

For me, though, I would have just handed it back and let him keep it. 2c

Are you saying the OP is Dad & Son?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,668 posts
6 minutes ago, comicdonna said:
25 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

I also agree to this 100%.  This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.  Now Paul likely knows how to detect restoration fairly well, and already mentioned his first instinct, but the assurance of getting a refund in the case that resto is detected is why he went for the deal.  He should still be looked after properly.

 

For me, though, I would have just handed it back and let him keep it. 2c

Are you saying the OP is Dad & Son? 

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,059 posts

There is, in my mind, a slight issue of ownership for the buyer and the situation.

Like, maybe the seller is 95%...or even 98%...responsible, while the buyer has a smidge of responsibility, as it smelled a little funny to him.

As Kellyn says, you gotta go with your gut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,395 posts
39 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Are you saying the OP is Dad & Son?  

Well, yeah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,049 posts
6 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, yeah. 

I knew he was a shill when he first joined.  The nerve of that guy to come back after being banned for stealing another boardies wife.  :facepalm:  Really Paul?  Not to mention teaming up with Redhook to stage a fake Ebay auction with a Green River, to bait a UK boardie that was cutting into Brad's Green Rivers, getting him banned too.  He was no angel either but still..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,049 posts

Steam came out of my ears when I read that, Andy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,133 posts
23 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:
1 hour ago, comicdonna said:

Are you saying the OP is Dad & Son?  

Well, yeah.

Holy F! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,059 posts
28 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, yeah. 

Wait, for real...?

Red_Hood is "Dad&Son"...?

Really....?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52,015 posts

Well, well, well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,395 posts
33 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

I knew he was a shill when he first joined.  The nerve of that guy to come back after being banned for stealing another boardies wife.  :facepalm:  Really Paul?  Not to mention teaming up with Redhook to stage a fake Ebay auction with a Green River, to bait a UK boardie that was cutting into Brad's Green Rivers, getting him banned too.  He was no angel either but still..  

Well, to be more precise, he wasn’t banned for stealing another boardie’s wife.  He was banned because he created an enourmous distraction to other boardies, as we were all upset at him for stealing another boardie’s wife. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,395 posts
20 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Wait, for real...?

Red_Hood is "Dad&Son"...?

Really....?

 

Same guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28,246 posts

He usually goes silent when this comes up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,668 posts
2 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Well, to be more precise, he wasn’t banned for stealing another boardie’s wife.  He was banned because he created an enourmous distraction to other boardies, as we were all upset at him for stealing another boardie’s wife. 

To be even more precise, he wasn't actually banned at all.

But are you sure that Paul is the one under the Red_Hood?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,986 posts
1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

This seller, if he has any scruples, should be making things right with Dad & Son.

So, when you're dealing with someone without scruples, do you really need to show any scruples?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,059 posts

If true, then this thread, which meandered for a couple of days and is now at 4 pages, will likely be at 20 pages by midnight PDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,049 posts
19 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

To be even more precise, he wasn't actually banned at all.

But are you sure that Paul is the one under the Red_Hood?

He was banned!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3