• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Michael Goldman (Motor City Con promoter) hospitalized
2 2

15 posts in this topic

And now I am hearing it was Michael Goldman, the long time promoter of the Motor City Comic Con who suffered the heart attack.  :sorry:I am sure he and his family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers and I'm sorry for conveying the wrong information initially.

5 hours ago, gregreece said:

And now I am hearing it was Michael Goldman, the long time promoter of the Motor City Comic Con who suffered the heart attack.  :sorry:I am sure he and his family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers and I'm sorry for conveying the wrong information initially.

Crud, and I sent Carbonaro flowers and a fruit basket....

7 hours ago, gregreece said:

I spoke to Mike's mom.

She didn't say it was a heart attack but that he did have chest pain. He went to the hospital for testing yesterday and might be at the show tomorrow. How likely that is, I don't know.

His show has been one of my favorite shows of the year and he always treated me respectfully even when I was an up-and-coming nothing.

Wish the best for Mike.

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Michael also runs a real nice monthly comic show in Farmington, Michigan , a nice old fashioned show with only a $3.00 entry fee and some nice dealer presence, and Michaels family helps him with the show and sells good tasting baked goods cheap.

Yep!  I enjoy this show a lot.  Get well soon Michael!

Well, I stepped out of the show yesterday for a break and who did I see pull up in their car but Michael Goldman.

He was pretty tired (as usually happens when you have some heart trouble) but in decent spirits.

I gave him a lift to the back door to the show in my car (so he didn't have to walk it, if you're not familiar you get pretty tired after a couple of steps when dealing with hear trouble) and he got onto to working at the show.

I came home this evening so i have no idea whether he was there or not today.

Edited by VintageComics