• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gone the way of the Dodo
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Anyone else hear that slightly less than reputable grading company out of the North West US closed its doors today for good? All employees terminated and no explanation given and customers not notified. 

They had employees?!? 

At best, I assumed he just had the power to fake fire his Mum. 'It's MY room, and what I do in there is my business! You don't OWN me!' 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

We have boardies in that neck of the woods.

@Senormac

I sent a text to some people I know in that neck of the woods as well.

Edited by VintageComics

2 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

Fb group, a rumor I'm trying to confirm from a post by an individual claiming to be a former employee.

Which one?  I'm seeing it posted on FB by a guy with initials A.S.  Is yours different?

Just heard from a dealer who uses them a lot.

He said that they have expanded and moved into a new location. They've also hired more employees.

Apparently they are doing quite well from what he told me.

44 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Just heard from a dealer who uses them a lot.

He said that they have expanded and moved into a new location. They've also hired more employees.

Apparently they are doing quite well from what he told me.

Not much I can add to this.  You are way more involved in the hobby than I am these days.  

I was going to say that perhaps Darrell ( Nostalgia Collectables......... the guy owns an Action #1 :gossip: ) was finally running out of books.  He's been selling off his backstock for  a 

few years now, and many of the better condition books he had graded and slabbed by PGX (cuz it's in his backyard.)  

Not saying you should agree with these slabbed grades......   just know that, if you're a rookie, you prob should not expect the numbers of the grade to be exact .

Just close :eyeroll:

If they've only moved, it's news to me. 

Royce (DesignerToast) would probably know ALL the details 

29 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I was going to say that perhaps Darrell

Darrell is long retired. Spoke to him a couple of years ago, the last time I was in Eugene.

Is he still selling his stuff?

26 minutes ago, VintageComics said:
56 minutes ago, Senormac said:

I was going to say that perhaps Darrell

Darrell is long retired. Spoke to him a couple of years ago, the last time I was in Eugene.

Is he still selling his stuff?

Yes.  He has sold the store ( only two or so years ago ) but still manages the ebay sales.  

And yes, he does use PGX for all his books.  

He's not defending PGX.....  

just moving his inventory. 

I guess he figures, let the collecting world battle it out 

and in a way, he has a point.  

He wants to retire and travel. 

I'd like it noted for the record that I got in the first joke about PGX and his Mum. Other thread's full of them. :insane: 

1 minute ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I'd like it noted for the record that I got in the first joke about PGX and his Mum. Other thread's full of them. :insane: 

lol  I was betting on Kav. No more. I have lost faith in his ability, since he missed some obvious wide open zinger chances, from the beginning.

Congratulations. Well done. Your response was mecha-fantastic. You are my new zinger goeto guy.

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

lol  I was betting on Kav. No more. I have lost faith in his ability, since he missed some obvious wide open zinger chances, from the beginning.

Congratulations. Well done. Your response was mecha-fantastic. You are my new zinger goeto guy.

Sorry i was saving my best material for a larger venue.

5 minutes ago, kav said:

Sorry i was saving my best material for a larger venue.

That is OK. You have quickly recovered. But, you could have seen the title and subject of this Thread and the opening post, and said something like, "...yep, they are not gonna fly...." or another quick zinger.