• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 8.0 Blue or CGC 8.0 Yellow SS Cap #100

8 posts in this topic

So I am finally in a position to start collecting comics for real!!! :news:   I would like to buy my first CGC book. Captain America #100 . Choosing between a CGC 8.0 Blue Label or a CGC 8.0 Yellow Label Stan Lee signed. Any advise on which is the better purchase? I do intend to complete the run and the Avengers Silver Age run as well. Nott all CGC of course but the Keys for sure. 

I could truly use some words of wisdom here.

Comicvault! Don  

49 minutes ago, Comicvault said:

So I am finally in a position to start collecting comics for real!!! :news:   I would like to buy my first CGC book. Captain America #100 . Choosing between a CGC 8.0 Blue Label or a CGC 8.0 Yellow Label Stan Lee signed. Any advise on which is the better purchase? I do intend to complete the run and the Avengers Silver Age run as well. Nott all CGC of course but the Keys for sure. 

Comicvault! Don  

Buy the one you like more. While a signature series book will cost you more, and has a higher resale value, I would argue you would find fewer potential buyers in the future if you want to sell it because there are many people who don't like signatures on books.

FYI - you will get more responses to questions like this in Comics General or in the Silver Age subforums.

Less people read posts in this subforum

1 hour ago, Comicvault said:

Comicvault! Don  

Since the Yellow label costs more, I suggest putting that same money into a higher graded Blue Label. IMO, the Blue label will be easier to sell, in case you ever want to upgrade. You can always get a Blue Label signed to Yellow but you can never get the Yellow label back to Blue.

If you like the signed one more get it. If not, don’t 

17 hours ago, Comicvault said:

Comicvault! Don  

Buy the one YOU like most. When I purchase CGC graded books, I choose one that I like, not what others want (unless your intentions are to sell it later). Having said that, I prefer the blue over the yellow label.

Edited by finalfan7asy

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to collect only the Blue Labels of any CGCs I get. The more Ive thought about it and applied the logic many of you have dispensed, my first reaction is for the cleanest cover possible. The signature truly does go against that personal feeling/taste... 

Comicvault Don