• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John Byrne

18 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, subash said:

Is there any way one can get his Sig's CGC ed  in his Canada and Boston appearance s ?

At this point he will not sign with grading companies. Has been that way for years. I have heard they are trying to work on something with him but....

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that we won't be able to get anything graded. My hope now is that his package allows for 2 sigs - 1 has to be on a Star Trek book, and then 1 on any other book. Then of course the hard part will be picking 1 book to get signed!

2 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

So the word for Boston and Toronto is no approval for graded signatures.

Thanks for the update Kevin - any update on whether he'll sign any non-Star Trek books?

On 5/27/2018 at 8:50 PM, Kevlar said:

At this point he will not sign with grading companies. Has been that way for years. I have heard they are trying to work on something with him but....

Is he adamant about it, or if let's say you get a CGC witness to stand off to the side discreetly to watch him autograph a book, can than then qualify for a yellow signature series label, or does that open up a disgruntled can of worms that Byrne will balk at and put up a major tantrum over?

1 hour ago, BeholdersEye said:

Is he adamant about it, or if let's say you get a CGC witness to stand off to the side discreetly to watch him autograph a book, can than then qualify for a yellow signature series label, or does that open up a disgruntled can of worms that Byrne will balk at and put up a major tantrum over?

CGC will honor his request and they will not certify anything and they do not approve of people not telling someone they are witnessing for CGC. #stayethical

Sorry, circling back. Kevlar pretty much covered it. CGC abides by creator wishes. So no having someone off to the side discretely watching. 

CKinTO there has been a lot of stuff online about how he won't sign non-Trek books, which goes against what I've seen so far. He is coming to the two shows to participate in a special event with William Shatner, but he will be signing at that event and on his down time. The question of what stipulations he has is being addressed with him and we'll relay that as soon as we know. He has made it clear that he does not believe in charging for his autograph, but one may need to buy a Trek book or two in order to get non-Trek items signed. We'll give you advance notice so people can prepare for whatever stipulations he may have. 

On 6/20/2018 at 1:59 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

Sorry, circling back. Kevlar pretty much covered it. CGC abides by creator wishes. So no having someone off to the side discretely watching. 

CKinTO there has been a lot of stuff online about how he won't sign non-Trek books, which goes against what I've seen so far. He is coming to the two shows to participate in a special event with William Shatner, but he will be signing at that event and on his down time. The question of what stipulations he has is being addressed with him and we'll relay that as soon as we know. He has made it clear that he does not believe in charging for his autograph, but one may need to buy a Trek book or two in order to get non-Trek items signed. We'll give you advance notice so people can prepare for whatever stipulations he may have. 

Thanks, Kevin! Really hope he’ll sign one of my hardcovers. It’s 100% non-gradable.

So we're getting some good news on that front, and I hope to be able to share official details shortly, but the rumours going around that he will only sign Trek books are false.

Special package info is coming soon. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd

On 6/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, Kevin Boyd said:

...but the rumours going around that he will only sign Trek books are false.

Special package info is coming soon. 

So much for “he doesn’t believe in charging for his signature” ... I guess that doesn’t include “special packages” ... LOL

I still don't think he's going to allow CGC.  I'm guessing (without an official announcement yet) might be limited to only first prints, no posters, no figures, and NO trades.
I got a beat up 141 I'd be willing to send in for a sig.

Edited by RadiantGraphix

2 hours ago, subash said:

I made a bet with a friend that I could CGC SS my X-Men run with Byrne and he was like no way Gaiman would be a better bet.;)

but Gaiman would be a much worse signer for your Xmen run.