• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PICS Posted - GRADES ARE IN - PGM FF49 X 3

13 posts in this topic

These are off for a clean and press then getting graded and will share grades when they're back. Unfortunately no scans of the back cover yet. All feedback is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Cheers

Chris

A.jpg

A - Rear cover.jpg

B - Front Cover.jpg

B - Rear cover.jpg

C - Front Cover.jpg

C - Rear cover.jpg

Edited by c_mkv

Example A has a nice spine but has that bottom right corner crease. The crease may hold it to 8.0 but CGC likes a good spine, so maybe 8.5 .

Example B has some stress at the spines and the right edge looks a little ragged. If the press flattens out that right edge, maybe as high as 9.0 .

Example C has a tear on the top. I can't tell but at the very bottom of the spine, is there a small split ? The upper right and left corners have a crease. The best I can go on this is 7.0 .

Of course, all of the above assumes the Back Covers have no problems. That's probably why nobody is responding because we are only grading the Front Cover here. Some flaws, like the right edge of Example B, need to be looked at front and back. Good luck with the grades !

On 5/26/2018 at 11:06 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Example A has a nice spine but has that bottom right corner crease. The crease may hold it to 8.0 but CGC likes a good spine, so maybe 8.5 .

Example B has some stress at the spines and the right edge looks a little ragged. If the press flattens out that right edge, maybe as high as 9.0 .

Example C has a tear on the top. I can't tell but at the very bottom of the spine, is there a small split ? The upper right and left corners have a crease. The best I can go on this is 7.0 .

Of course, all of the above assumes the Back Covers have no problems. That's probably why nobody is responding because we are only grading the Front Cover here. Some flaws, like the right edge of Example B, need to be looked at front and back. Good luck with the grades !

As always thanks again Bob. I’ll try to get pics/scans of the front and back covers post pressing

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

Bob, I think that crease on example A is too long and too flaked for the book to make 8.0. The whole might get up to 9.0, thus not high enough aside from that crease to lift the overall to 8.0. Estimate on example A: 7.0 before, a 7.5 after the press.

I don't see Example B as anywhere near 9.0 potential. Too many flaked creases here and there. It's a 7.5 now and can't see how the press will solve any of the problems. 7.0/7.5 before: 7.5 after

I agree 100% on example C  6.0/6.5 before, possible 7.0 after.

6 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Bob, I think that crease on example A is too long and too flaked for the book to make 8.0. The whole might get up to 9.0, thus not high enough aside from that crease to lift the overall to 8.0. Estimate on example A: 7.0 before, a 7.5 after the press.

I don't see Example B as anywhere near 9.0 potential. Too many flaked creases here and there. It's a 7.5 now and can't see how the press will solve any of the problems. 7.0/7.5 before: 7.5 after

I agree 100% on example C  6.0/6.5 before, possible 7.0 after.

I like the tight grading, I really do ! Personally, I would never give the first book an 8.0 with that crease but I've seen CGC allow it in an 8.0 too many times.