• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Cal, where are you ?
3 3

274 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, ModokFades said:

I am here to fade these picks and make some scratch! Bet the under on #1, guaranteed. Just remember that Jack has Aspergers and is super paranoid, so take that into account when putting down your money.

...except that Asperger Syndrome is not a stand alone diagnosis under DSM V since 2013, and is more correctly identified as an Autism Spectrum, and in the next few months, with the advent of ICD-11, Asperger Syndrome will no longer be a stand alone diagnosis.

What does that mean? Considering your diagnosis (especially the "super paranoid" part...which is incorrect to nonchalantly assign to Asperger Syndrome or Autism), I am assuming that you are a Healthcare Provider involved with the treatment of either Asperger Syndrome of Autism, and bill for the treatment. With ICD-11, you will no longer get paid if you bill for treatment of Asperger Syndrome.

And what does that mean, in relation to the Bet?

1) It means that I, with regret, respectfully decline your choice, because you have not kept up with the medical research (at least since 2013), and that means you have not done your homework, and that means that you probably won't get paid for the bet you are making.

2) ...and that means you should not apply for a position as a professional gambler or odds maker in Las Vegas.

3) ...and that means it is not nice to ridicule persons that might have Autistic Spectrum difficulties, as a reason to support your betting choices.

4) and that means that if you are in Professional Healthcare Provider, you should stop actively practicing and go back to school, and catch up, before betting and/or advising others how to bet.

So there is that.....:baiting:

5 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Cal is certainly an acquired taste.(:

Not sure I would put him in my mouth, but whatever floats your boat.

7 minutes ago, ModokFades said:

It's so funny to see you try to fit in here. Was that an attempt at humor? Am I the first person to ever respond to one of your comic posts?

I suggest we meet in Singapore to discuss our positions. The opening agenda could maybe be your inability to understand the basic concepts of humor and the English language, both of which you seem to fail at, when you post in your various disguises. That, BTW, is a sign of Paranoia, but we can also discuss that, considering you have made it to 2 posts, in your latest persona.:golfclap:

1 hour ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

...except that Asperger Syndrome is not a stand alone diagnosis under DSM V since 2013, and is more correctly identified as an Autism Spectrum, and in the next few months, with the advent of ICD-11, Asperger Syndrome will no longer be a stand alone diagnosis.

What does that mean? Considering your diagnosis (especially the "super paranoid" part...which is incorrect to nonchalantly assign to Asperger Syndrome or Autism), I am assuming that you are a Healthcare Provider involved with the treatment of either Asperger Syndrome of Autism, and bill for the treatment. With ICD-11, you will no longer get paid if you bill for treatment of Asperger Syndrome.

And what does that mean, in relation to the Bet?

1) It means that I, with regret, respectfully decline your choice, because you have not kept up with the medical research (at least since 2013), and that means you have not done your homework, and that means that you probably won't get paid for the bet you are making.

2) ...and that means you should not apply for a position as a professional gambler or odds maker in Las Vegas.

3) ...and that means it is not nice to ridicule persons that might have Autistic Spectrum difficulties, as a reason to support your betting choices.

4) and that means that if you are in Professional Healthcare Provider, you should stop actively practicing and go back to school, and catch up, before betting and/or advising others how to bet.

So there is that.....:baiting:

Well said.

In the UK, existing Aspergers diagnoses like mine will remain as such, whereas new cases will be recategorised as high-functioning autism spectrum disorder.

Edited by Ken Aldred

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Well said.

In the UK, existing Aspergers diagnoses like mine will remain as such, whereas new cases will be recategorised as high-functioning autism spectrum disorder.

:blush: But Thank You. Just a pet peeve, when a person attacks another person via the mental health "you are nuts" portal. It takes a very small and vicious mind to do so.

It usually denotes a lack of intelligence and the ability to use the English language in a manner that supports a position, be it one of derisiveness or fact.

Yes, ICD-11 is specific as to existing vs. previous diagnosis, with a hold for the 180 day Billing reclassification. Not that that matters at all and certainly does not matter to the gentleman I originally replied to. To function with same takes great courage and discipline. I am humbled by your self dignity.

Maybe that "member" I replied to can learn something from this brief exchange.:wishluck:

17 minutes ago, Mr.Mcknowitall said:

:blush: But Thank You. Just a pet peeve, when a person attacks another person via the mental health "you are nuts" portal. It takes a very small and vicious mind to do so.

It usually denotes a lack of intelligence and the ability to use the English language in a manner that supports a position, be it one of derisiveness or fact.

Yes, ICD-11 is specific as to existing vs. previous diagnosis, with a hold for the 180 day Billing reclassification. Not that that matters at all and certainly does not matter to the gentleman I originally replied to. To function with same takes great courage and discipline. I am humbled by your self dignity.

Maybe that "member" I replied to can learn something from this brief exchange.:wishluck:

Yup.

I think it’s fair to call out a vacuous claim made solely on the basis of an online persona, when diagnosis would actually require something a bit more targeted and detailed, such as an Autism Spectrum Quotient Test.

The condition is categorised as a disability, and we can do without the mocking attitude.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.

I think it’s fair to call out a specious claim made solely on the basis of an online persona, when diagnosis would actually require something a bit more targeted and detailed, such as an Autism Spectrum Quotient Test.

The condition is categorised as a disability, and we can do without the mocking attitude.

Would the 25% restocking fee on eBay be considered part of the online persona?

6 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

lol That one I don't have an ICD code for, so I can not be of any value. That does seem a bit nuts, though.:jokealert: Because around here, you never know.

3 hours ago, Logan510 said:

It's quite punitive.

2 hours ago, MrBlowEmAll said:

This is like reading the Three Faces of Eve on the Boards... a new persona keeps emerging. This time with an oral fixation that rends to reveal a deeply seated desire.

14 minutes ago, MrBlowEmAll said:

You're about 13 years too late Dr. Jung lol

You need not be embarrassed. I make no judgments about your oral proclivities and choices. After all, if you have been practicing your desires for 13 years, I would be the last one to interrupt your goal of all of em. I must comment, though, that I doubt you can accomplish your goal, even in another 13 years.

Now, which "Eve" are you...the one that sneaks out to the Nightclubs and bus stops real late at night?

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

It's quite punitive.

How can an ebay seller enforce a 25% restocking fee? If a buyer opens a return for any reason and will not settle for a lesser amount, thus negating the possible use of the seller's "make buyer a partial refund offer" option, there's absolutely no way for a seller to enforce a restocking fee stipulation. If a buyer wants his money back and the seller agrees to do that upon return of the item that's one way. The only alternative is for the seller to refuse to a refund, in which case the buyer will win the claim anyway.

18 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

How can an ebay seller enforce a 25% restocking fee? If a buyer opens a return for any reason and will not settle for a lesser amount, thus negating the possible use of the seller's "make buyer a partial refund offer" option, there's absolutely no way for a seller to enforce a restocking fee stipulation. If a buyer wants his money back and the seller agrees to do that upon return of the item that's one way. The only alternative is for the seller to refuse to a refund, in which case the buyer will win the claim anyway.

Easy.  He will send IM and SM to collect.

On 5/20/2018 at 10:00 AM, aszumilo said:

Fixed that for you.

I missed this until now.

Don't know what to say here....

Am I right about this Forum? Wrong?

Time will tell, but time HAS told some already....

CAL checking in....:headbang:

On 5/20/2018 at 9:02 PM, porcupine48 said:

there was a calbot related post that was zapped.

Yes I did see that.

Other posts got zapped as well.

I give you people my word of honor I did NOT pump the Mod button or call Patel so he could hang up on me again....2c

On 5/21/2018 at 8:00 AM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Funny how "children" gets listed after the stocks, trust funds, and comic books.

Because the children are the LAST thing CAL wants to trade for....

CAL who can solve the easy wordsmith traps he should run for World Dictator public office :jaws:

On 5/21/2018 at 10:30 AM, Jerkfro said:

Profit margin on children isn't high enough. 

Adam Sandler( I can't remember the Title of this comedic movie we saw a year or two ago....)" Hey, let's rent out spare bedrooms to the kids, make some money off of them!!!"

CAL who has rented to family not really because of the money but because I could TRUST them. Too many psychos out there, ya know!!!:kidaround: 

On 5/21/2018 at 11:05 AM, Jerkfro said:

And don't even mention the restocking fee. Sheesh!

Hey! Don't be dissin' my Restock Fees! I need that Income Stream to Rule the World!!!

CAL who always had ambition....:news: