• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Cal, where are you ?
3 3

274 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Calamerica said:

You been a member since 2016. What can YOU possibly know about any of this IMSM Saga? Methinks you are the common excess humanity that can't remove yourself from the herd....That is my nice way of saying that you are wasting everyone's time except to Troll, and I can't say what this REALLY is here....

Think you are a great Comic Book Collector? If so you would have known not to burn bridges anywhere near other Comic buffs. The smarter ones get rewarded from the big-shots every now and then. One would think reading this back-and-forth that you have the means to compete on the greater Collector's world. Again, methinks that you are in the camp of the "have-nots" and drank that Kool-aid of the Robin Hood story....

CAL who hated that "steal from the rich give to the poor" even when he was a small boy....:makepoint: 

I'd love to respond but my wife is calling me to do the dishes from bkfast.

Somehow I picture you as a follower of the great TeeVee preacher Dr. Gene Scott. You sure act like them.

Like I said, dirty dishes await. 

Edited by NoMan

7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I'd love to respond but my wife is calling me to do the dishes from bkfast.

Somehow I picture you as a follower of the great TeeVee preacher Dr. Gene Scott. You sure act like them.

Like I said, dirty dishes await. 

You need to ask the others who my Legendary Real-Life Heroes are. I'll save you some time like I did your buddy across the pond:

In worship order:

1. Napoleon Bonaparte

2. General George S. Patton, Jr.

3. John Wayne

4. Ronald Reagan

5. Donald J. Trump.

6. Stanley Kubrick

7. Ghengis Khan

8. Alexander the Great

9. William Shakespeare

10. George Foreman(  the younger version)

NONE of the above took crapolla. 

CAL who needs to go to real life now.... ta-ta :tink:

Edited by Calamerica

Just now, Calamerica said:

You need to ask the others who my Legendary Real-Life Heroes are. I'll save you some time like I did your buddy across the pond:

In worship order:

1. Napoleon Bonaparte

2. General George S. Patton, Jr.

3. John Wayne

4. Ronald Reagan

5. Donald J. Trump.

6. Stanley Kubrick

7. Ghengis Khan

8. Alexander the Great

9. William Shakespeare

10. George Foreman(  the younger version)

NONE of the above took crapolla. 

CAL who needs to go to real life now.... ta-ta :tink:

You need to turn it up to 11, my friend. Dr. Gene Scott, who kinda reminds me of you:

39 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I’d love a thread bashing me! FYI I’m gonna press my 6.0 to a 9.2. 

So much for your short sightedness 

I pressed a 6.5 to a 9.2.

True story.

Of course, it was mostly luck, having the right book with the right flaws...but still. That's a pretty big leap (X-Men #100, by the way.)

27 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Cal? God no, he's nothing like that. 

Cal is an acquired taste, for sure. If you take what he says seriously....you're doing it wrong.

RMA - who has known Cal a longgggg time.

15 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Cal? God no, he's nothing like that. 

Cal is an acquired taste, for sure. If you take what he says seriously....you're doing it wrong.

RMA - who has known Cal a longgggg time.

I love Gene Scott and yes Cal acts like his followers from his posts here to his goofy You Tube videos.  Being a human being getting along in the world for 52 years I'm well aware of acquired tastes, however, whenever someone brings up the "acquired taste" bit I always think of that great Harry Dean Stanton line in that amazing movie Twister (the brilliant Michael Almereyda  film w/ Crispin Glover not the dumb Spielberg movie):

"You could acquire a taste for eating dirt but who would want to?"

Edited by NoMan

22 hours ago, kav said:

Does GPA show that $300 for a 9.2 is some big recent increase in IMSM??

I did what you said and checked feedback left but didnt see any IMSM sold in past 6 months just a bunch of coins mostly.  I do see where you bought one, though.

1 hour ago, Calamerica said:

SIX MONTHS??? This IMSM "Saga" has been going on for AT LEAST 15 years, sir. Don't stick your pinky in the Dogfight....

CAL who deserves some of what he gets re: expectations of the haters....( Einstein: " Two things forever: The Universe and Man's stupidity....wait, the Universe MIGHT have an ending....")

Cal, pay no attention to him.  He knows not of which he speaks... like... ever. 

4 hours ago, Calamerica said:

SIX MONTHS??? This IMSM "Saga" has been going on for AT LEAST 15 years, sir. Don't stick your pinky in the Dogfight....

Oh I thought you were arguing that IMSM were a smart investment because now its reaping rewards causing you to laugh all the way to the bank not that it has been selling for market value for the last 15 years.

Kav who doesnt know wtf

3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Heh heh...and I gave you love in your discussion about Sienkewicz, too...

Cal is not dirt. Despite his bombast, there are some points to the things he says. 

But, of course, people don't like confrontation and being challenged...see Mr. Plinkett's review of Titanic, starting at 55:50...so Cal is abrasive.

You know what Cal is NOT? He is not someone who goes after other people out of spite, because he's offended. There are a lot of those people around here, and they make this place, and any place, worse by their presence.

I'll take 1,000 Cals over the mean-spirited, vicious, eternally offended vengeance seekers.

+1

I've never had a problem with Cal, even when I disagreed with him. He’s always been cordial to me

4 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I pressed a 6.5 to a 9.2.

True story.

Of course, it was mostly luck, having the right book with the right flaws...but still. That's a pretty big leap (X-Men #100, by the way.)

$$$$$:banana:$$$$$$

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Cal, expect the piece to go for 150K at least ! :smile:

Here's your chance to truly become "King of IMSM"

The King or the Queen or even the Jack would own the original cover art for either Iron Man 1 or Submariner 1. The original cover art for IMSM 1 would be more befitting the 10 of clubs. :whatthe:

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 10:20 AM, VintageComics said:

Cal might actually have the last laugh with that book as both Iron Man and Sub-Mariner are being speculated on heavily in the last few years.

But the market valued seem to imply that the speculators have "passed over" IMSM 1 by the droves, and smart money is on the IM1 or SM1, not the hybrid, which is neither fish nor fowl. Sub 1 runs about double the price for IMSM 1 and IM 1 runs at about 4 to 6 times the price. I think this disparity will continue to widen rather than narrow.