• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey Cal, where are you ?
3 3

274 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

But the market valued seem to imply that the speculators have "passed over" IMSM 1 by the droves, and smart money is on the IM1 or SM1, not the hybrid, which is neither fish nor fowl. Sub 1 runs about double the price for IMSM 1 and IM 1 runs at about 4 to 6 times the price. I think this disparity will continue to widen rather than narrow.

Speculators are a flaky bunch. Many of them jump from one ship to the next as soon as some new piece of information comes out.

Do you think many of them know that IMSM #1 predates both IM #1 and SM #1? lol

Either way, no big deal.

People collect what they like and Cal apparently really likes IMSM #1. Go nuts, Cal!

7 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Speculators are a flaky bunch. Many of them jump from one ship to the next as soon as some new piece of information comes out.

Do you think many of them know that IMSM #1 predates both IM #1 and SM #1? lol

Either way, no big deal.

People collect what they like and Cal apparently really likes IMSM #1. Go nuts, Cal!

But with the same logic, you can assume that TTA 101 is a better investment that Hulk 102 because it predates it, and similarly, TTA 101s in the 7.5 to 9.6 range sell for an average of 1/6th the price of Hulk 102, same as IMSM 1 routinely sells for the same % of the price for IM 1 and about 1/2 to 1/3 on average the price for Sub-Mariner 1. Clearly, IM 1 is the prime choice for speculation, followed by Sub 1, and then IMSM finishing a far distant third. I can't imagine it ever pulling any closer than it is now, in fact, over the past 15 years, the gap has widened considerably and still doing so. It's a novelty book as far as collectors speaking with their dollars. They buy the IM 1, then maybe the Sub 1 if into Submariner, and then the rare few will even consider that one, but when they do, i't's usually after they already have their IM 1-10 and whatever TOS issues they have on their wants. Definitely a novelty book and I don't see anything to support that changing in the future.

Edited by James J Johnson

By the way....what the fool "Stu Cathell" doesn't understand is the distinction between "in spite", and  "out of spite."

Cal...who posts in spite of those who naysay and mock him...isn't going after anyone personally, to harm them personally, to damage them personally, to shame them without cause, to ridicule them without cause. Notice...even the fool "Stu Cathell" can't even point to specific people that Cal has harmed. He points to generalities, things that don't harm anyone. It's just naked, aggressive contempt that the fool "Stu Cathell" has for anyone who doesn't see things his way. The fool "Stu Cathell" is the real villain, here. Not Cal. 

After all...Cal's not the one who tells CGC "hahaha, screw you, you can't touch me!!" and makes up endless new "user IDs" to take potshots at those he hates and despises, making vile implications about them. That would be the fool "Stu Cathell."

That's what posting "out of spite" means.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

52 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

I thought Stu was banned from here. 

Of course he was. See that "HeDoneLostIt" post up there? That's the fool "Stu Cathell."

EDIT: Now deleted.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

I want to hit the second tier restocking fee on my way to a lifetime ban.

You know what's hilarious about the fool "Stu Cathell"'s list, there...? (EDIT: Now deleted by administration.)

These are meant to be people that Cal has harmed, according to the fool "Stu Cathell."

I'm on that list.

"Timdrake72." 

I wasn't harmed by Cal. Cal's never gone out of his way to defame me, or smear me, or shame me without cause, or ridicule me without cause. 

The fool "Stu Cathell" doesn't understand the difference between snippy comments that are often in response to snippy comments, and a persistent, relentless campaign to damage people who have crossed him. You know, like the fool "Stu Cathell" does.

Like so many things, "distinction" is utterly lost on the fool "Stu Cathell." 

Don't pay attention to what people say. Watch what they do. That will tell you everything you need to know about them.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

8 minutes ago, HeDoneLostIt said:

You've got a bad memory if you think this is correct. Or you're just lying to save face.

Bring on the Mr. T memes, fool!

Maybe both. Or maybe neither.

"Bygones" is a foreign concept to you, fool "Stu Cathell." "Forgiveness" is also foreign to you. 

Do I let things go...? Nope. Not often, and not easily. But you know how that manifests in me...? I don't willingly interact with that person anymore. I leave them alone. And most of the time, they leave me alone. Simple.

You...? It's your personal goal to defame anyone and everyone who doesn't see things your way, to make sure people pay, and pay hard, for whatever slights you think they've committed. You are judge, jury, and executioner, the Lord High Fool "Stu Cathell." You go right out of your way...even to the point of telling CGC "hahaha! Screw you, you can't touch me!!" to make new user ids over and over and over and over and over again, just so everyone knows how you feel about me. And Cal. And Borock. And whoever else you have on YOUR list.

Bow. Bow down, all. The Lord High Fool "Stu Cathell" has spoken!

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I pressed a 6.5 to a 9.2.

True story.

Of course, it was mostly luck, having the right book with the right flaws...but still. That's a pretty big leap (X-Men #100, by the way.)

I remember coming across a pressing article quite some time ago, when the practice first took off, about a book pressed from a 4.0 to a 9.2. Don't remember which book it was, but it must have been something with a spine roll that was nicely corrected and little else wrong.

41 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

By the way....what the fool "Stu Cathell" doesn't understand is the distinction between "in spite", and  "out of spite."

Cal...who posts in spite of those who naysay and mock him...isn't going after anyone personally, to harm them personally, to damage them personally, to shame them without cause, to ridicule them without cause. Notice...even the fool "Stu Cathell" can't even point to specific people that Cal has harmed. He points to generalities, things that don't harm anyone. It's just naked, aggressive contempt that the fool "Stu Cathell" has for anyone who doesn't see things his way. The fool "Stu Cathell" is the real villain, here. Not Cal. 

After all...Cal's not the one who tells CGC "hahaha, screw you, you can't touch me!!" and makes up endless new "user IDs" to take potshots at those he hates and despises, making vile implications about them. That would be the fool "Stu Cathell."

That's what posting "out of spite" means.

What about that lady who is allegedly your friend whose house burned down? There was a charity thread and everything and I recall Cal saying he was going to fly to her neck of the woods to prove she was lying about the whole thing.

That seemed like he was going after someone personally...just sayin'.

11 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Maybe both. Or maybe neither.

"Bygones" is a foreign concept to you, fool "Stu Cathell." "Forgiveness" is also foreign to you. 

Do I let things go...? Nope. Not often, and not easily. But you know how that manifests in me...? I don't willingly interact with that person anymore. I leave them alone. And most of the time, they leave me alone. Simple.

You...? It's your personal goal to defame anyone and everyone who doesn't see things your way, to make sure people pay, and pay hard, for whatever slights you think they've committed. You are judge, jury, and executioner, the Lord High Fool "Stu Cathell." You go right out of your way...even to the point of telling CGC "hahaha! Screw you, you can't touch me!!" to make new user ids over and over and over and over and over again, just so everyone knows how you feel about me. And Cal. And Borock. And whoever else you have on YOUR list.

Bow. Bow down, all. The Lord High Fool "Stu Cathell" has spoken!

You didn't publicly have a problem with it until recently. What happened?

I also remember you telling me that he was "misunderstood".

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I remember coming across a pressing article quite some time ago, when the practice first took off, about a book pressed from a 4.0 to a 9.2. Don't remember which book it was, but it must have been something with a spine roll that was nicely corrected and little else wrong.

It was a Golden Age book that was pressed...I want to say 2005, 2006, 2007? Someone who has more experience with GA books will remember. 

If I recall, it was a book that had a full length non-color breaking crease top to bottom that came out. 

It just depends on the book.

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It was a Golden Age book that was pressed...I want to say 2005, 2006, 2007? Someone who has more experience with GA books will remember. 

If I recall, it was a book that had a full length non-color breaking crease top to bottom that came out. 

It just depends on the book.

A crease!?!  Never would have guessed that the kind of crease that can drop an otherwise 9.2 condition book to 4.0 could be remedied to that extreme degree. Miracle.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

A crease!?!  Never would have guessed that the kind of crease that can drop an otherwise 9.2 condition book to 4.0 could be remedied to that extreme degree. Miracle.

Bend...bend! Not a crease. ;) Not something that altered the physical structure of the paper fiber, or, of course, it couldn't have been pressed out. :)

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Bend...bend! Not a crease. ;) Not something that altered the physical structure of the paper fiber, or, of course, it couldn't have been pressed out. :)

A non-color breaking bend = CGC 4.0 on an otherwise CGC 9.2 book? Yet there are 4.0s that look as though used to sop up a spill?