Hey Cal, where are you ?
4 4

274 posts in this topic

42,863 posts
1 minute ago, Get Marwood & I said:

 

orig.gif

A clean underarm is distasteful to you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,863 posts
3 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I think there are nuggets of truth in Cal's post. And don't worry Kav, they have nothing to do with your hygiene.

Thnk God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,863 posts
4 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I think there are nuggets of truth in Cal's post. And don't worry Kav, they have nothing to do with your hygiene.

I like how threads always eventually become about me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25,958 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Calamerica said:

You mean the lady who could NOT answer the ONE question we all had for her back in that day over her "Charity" donated CGC Forum Fund of $4,100???

You mean the lady who send me three( 3) links but then retracted the last one because of "faulty news reporting"?

You mean the lady who was a Stu Cathell disciple back in 2000 - 2003 during the eBay Chat Board Wars and Stu told me he would put his "spin" as he used to call it to get most, if not everyone here to drink his Kool-Aid and how I was "picking on her"?

The person who set up that "Charity" was a Coinee and he contacted several people after he saw something HE did not like. Apparently I was the only one that answered( as far as I still know 5 years later) and things "did not add up". This lady had an "emergency" event every so often, so TWO phone calls later at a County Public Records' dep't( using PUBLIC sources) revealed that the initials of her so-called husband did NOT live on that block where this fire occurred. That got her ire really into high gear, and I have saved traced emails/messages from her( anonymously) via the old ISP I used to have and we are sure it was her( again). There was other info at that time I can't recall quickly here for now but I DO have it still. The purge from switching interfaces here two years ago wiped out most of that but I DID manage to save what counts on MY end. That purge wiped out over 10,000 of my stored PMs for those who realy care. 30,000 used to be their limit; I have no clue what it may be now and don't care....

I never once made a trip out there to prove aything. I did not need to. Matter-of-fact I HAVE been that way several times, one for a Coin Estate Sale I was invited to, and I did not give this "case" a second thought at that time. Those who know CAL knows he travels all over the country for Collections. Bottom line I spent very little money on this , but if there IS inappropriate scamming and solicitation CAL will stop it every time. I stopped this one from happening again and am now bragging about that.

The smarter, less-confrontational Forumites stayed clear of this, we all sat back and watched the Forumites that did not even have two years here( as of 2011 or so) jump right in and "bash that sob CAL". They did, as always. Stu could always count on PMing those who did not know better and "spin" this as CAL the big, bad bully Comic Profiteer ( see RutgersKnight case)that was picking on a "down-and-out" Boardie. I was NOT shocked that this worked. A few of the smarter, reasonable Boardies would try to defend not me, for that position of honesty and they got flamed almost as bad as CAL did. Yes, she had the gift of online gab and actually had a good "spin" as far as good spins go, but had every answer but the one I wanted: why is the owner in those articles that covered that unfortunate fire have a different name than THE ONE SHE GAVE OUT HERSELF for years???

Those who bashed me for even sticking my nose in this I can say this: I hope YOU get ripped off in this sob-story manner and I don't want to ever ever ever ever ever hear or see ONE word about it. I normally do NOT wish ill will against anyone but this Board has upset me so much( and made a lifetime enemy out of CAL) that I am making an exception here. I know who is who here and I remember the inner-city kid's taunts from 58 years ago I can certainly recall things from 15 years or so or less ago and I recall the actual SEQUENCE of events, which also irks some here. I know who threw which rock at a certain time and still recall what is important.  Oh, I USED to give generously here until that "charity" case and refuse to donate another comic or penny here ever again. They must have believed me because I was never ever contacted again via PM after that "case"....how about those apples??? If I could take back those IMSM's( CGC'd by the way) I donated here I would definitely take them back. If I could have looked forward to how this Board was going to turn out I would have heeded the advice I was given about the eBay Chat Boards: " There can only be downside for a person like myself. No upside. The few deals you get won't offset the damage they can do to you". See those who were fans of "pressing". What a fool I was. I should have listened. I am here today just to stick it to those who have it coming their way. Putting the wanna-be's back in their place. Someone has to do the dirty work, and CAL has never been afraid of work. Work is afraid of CAL. 

BTW, I never deleted that "charity case" case and I have it on one of my old retired laptops that was just for the CGC Forums. So don't get on here and paste this/paste that/paste FALSE because I WILL call you out on that. I WILL regurgitate this topic on a whim. At that point I will name names and gather/build another "case", as the Mods might pull the plug on me for good. The Mods are another story in themselves. Most blame me for all this . 

I still believe she got $4,100 for virtually nothing and until the proof FROM HER comes my way proving otherwise that is the way that cookie crumbled. No proof from Stu, Sky, etc. It has not as of today, and never has, come from HER. Don't chime in tomorrow when I won't be here for another 8 months and you haters do count on that so you can now delete posts( had a shorter time limit before back in the day). I will check in every day and yes, to do what I have done since eBay in 2000: defend myself. Beware of those who resents/objects against someone who defends themselves. They want "obedience", under the guise of "don't be confrontational. Be nice". Tokyo Rose behavior. CAL won't fall for that crapolla. I see something, I call it. Right or wrong or a mixture of both I call it as I see it and those who don't like that eventually get what is coming to them. Tastes better when CAL throws the knockout punch, but as most punks hide behind keyboards in Mama's basements, that is not usually possible. But I usually hear about their come-uppance later.

And that guy over the pond....have not seen much of him lately. I wonder what happened??? I know what happened, as it always does. I will let YOU clowns figure it out.

Might not hear much out of Logan510 either....

I have a bad attitude? Really? Really? Don't get near me at a Comic Show. I promise I won't utter ONE WORD! I promise!!!

CAL who does not hold his breath for other human's actions( or inactions)

 

Hi Jack, @Calamerica  she is without a doubt married to Randy, I was at their wedding.  

I'm not sure what she told Louise, Roy  @VintageComics but to the best of my recollection, the other fund raiser was for Randy, her husband, back in 2001 when he wanted to go to Wizard World Chicago and his then partner of many years was dying from Cancer and he couldn't afford the travel or room.   The eBay chatboard helped him out. He hadn't even met his wife to be then, so she had nothing to do with anything.

I think a lot of stuff gets muddled sometimes.  I did not run that particular fundraiser, but as I've told a few (very few) people in the past, if you don't want to join in for whatever reason, no one is going to force you, just don't participate.

 

Anyway, glad you are doing well. 

Edited by skypinkblu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,835 posts

Oak- who thinks Cal is a convoluted narsasitic fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,633 posts
Just now, kav said:

I know I started reading and then just couldnt go any further.  I wanted a smoking gun or something but it was too much work.

I read

 

2 hours ago, kav said:

I know I started reading and then just couldnt go any further.  I wanted a smoking gun or something but it was too much work.

Is Cal like the CGC forum bard? The poet laureate of the forum? Because, I tell you, if he isn't, he most certainly should be considered that. I did pull on my waders, ventured straight into his post fully expecting to find nothing but muck and mire and the more I read, the more I was pleasantly surprised. It had substance and shmubstance, and just the right blend of both to be an interesting read. Coincidentally, it reminded me of the manifestos that David Koresh used to compose prior to his untimely demise. Is Cal's following quite large, extending beyond the reaches of this forum, or are his minions self-contained?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,863 posts
30 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I was pleasantly surprised. It had substance and shmubstance, and just the right blend of both

Best line ever on CGC boards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,633 posts
2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Oak- who thinks Cal is a convoluted narsasitic fool.

He's the King. Long live Cal, the King of IMSM 1 and the Doge of Shmubstance. For me, it took very little of my researching his old posts to come to the realization that we've never seen his like. And we may never again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,863 posts
12 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

He's the King. Long live Cal, the King of IMSM 1 and the Doge of Shmubstance. For me, it took very little of my researching his old posts to come to the realization that we've never seen his like. And we may never again.

Cal is a definite asset and offers a different perspective.  How can you dislike someone that likes comics so much he owns 90% of the IMSMs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,769 posts
6 hours ago, Calamerica said:

You mean the lady who could NOT answer the ONE question we all had for her back in that day over her "Charity" donated CGC Forum Fund of $4,100???

You mean the lady who send me three( 3) links but then retracted the last one because of "faulty news reporting"?

You mean the lady who was a Stu Cathell disciple back in 2000 - 2003 during the eBay Chat Board Wars and Stu told me he would put his "spin" as he used to call it to get most, if not everyone here to drink his Kool-Aid and how I was "picking on her"?

The person who set up that "Charity" was a Coinee and he contacted several people after he saw something HE did not like. Apparently I was the only one that answered( as far as I still know 5 years later) and things "did not add up". This lady had an "emergency" event every so often, so TWO phone calls later at a County Public Records' dep't( using PUBLIC sources) revealed that the initials of her so-called husband did NOT live on that block where this fire occurred. That got her ire really into high gear, and I have saved traced emails/messages from her( anonymously) via the old ISP I used to have and we are sure it was her( again). There was other info at that time I can't recall quickly here for now but I DO have it still. The purge from switching interfaces here two years ago wiped out most of that but I DID manage to save what counts on MY end. That purge wiped out over 10,000 of my stored PMs for those who realy care. 30,000 used to be their limit; I have no clue what it may be now and don't care....

I never once made a trip out there to prove aything. I did not need to. Matter-of-fact I HAVE been that way several times, one for a Coin Estate Sale I was invited to, and I did not give this "case" a second thought at that time. Those who know CAL knows he travels all over the country for Collections. Bottom line I spent very little money on this , but if there IS inappropriate scamming and solicitation CAL will stop it every time. I stopped this one from happening again and am now bragging about that.

The smarter, less-confrontational Forumites stayed clear of this, we all sat back and watched the Forumites that did not even have two years here( as of 2011 or so) jump right in and "bash that sob CAL". They did, as always. Stu could always count on PMing those who did not know better and "spin" this as CAL the big, bad bully Comic Profiteer ( see RutgersKnight case)that was picking on a "down-and-out" Boardie. I was NOT shocked that this worked. A few of the smarter, reasonable Boardies would try to defend not me, for that position of honesty and they got flamed almost as bad as CAL did. Yes, she had the gift of online gab and actually had a good "spin" as far as good spins go, but had every answer but the one I wanted: why is the owner in those articles that covered that unfortunate fire have a different name than THE ONE SHE GAVE OUT HERSELF for years???

Those who bashed me for even sticking my nose in this I can say this: I hope YOU get ripped off in this sob-story manner and I don't want to ever ever ever ever ever hear or see ONE word about it. I normally do NOT wish ill will against anyone but this Board has upset me so much( and made a lifetime enemy out of CAL) that I am making an exception here. I know who is who here and I remember the inner-city kid's taunts from 58 years ago I can certainly recall things from 15 years or so or less ago and I recall the actual SEQUENCE of events, which also irks some here. I know who threw which rock at a certain time and still recall what is important.  Oh, I USED to give generously here until that "charity" case and refuse to donate another comic or penny here ever again. They must have believed me because I was never ever contacted again via PM after that "case"....how about those apples??? If I could take back those IMSM's( CGC'd by the way) I donated here I would definitely take them back. If I could have looked forward to how this Board was going to turn out I would have heeded the advice I was given about the eBay Chat Boards: " There can only be downside for a person like myself. No upside. The few deals you get won't offset the damage they can do to you". See those who were fans of "pressing". What a fool I was. I should have listened. I am here today just to stick it to those who have it coming their way. Putting the wanna-be's back in their place. Someone has to do the dirty work, and CAL has never been afraid of work. Work is afraid of CAL. 

BTW, I never deleted that "charity case" case and I have it on one of my old retired laptops that was just for the CGC Forums. So don't get on here and paste this/paste that/paste FALSE because I WILL call you out on that. I WILL regurgitate this topic on a whim. At that point I will name names and gather/build another "case", as the Mods might pull the plug on me for good. The Mods are another story in themselves. Most blame me for all this . 

I still believe she got $4,100 for virtually nothing and until the proof FROM HER comes my way proving otherwise that is the way that cookie crumbled. No proof from Stu, Sky, etc. It has not as of today, and never has, come from HER. Don't chime in tomorrow when I won't be here for another 8 months and you haters do count on that so you can now delete posts( had a shorter time limit before back in the day). I will check in every day and yes, to do what I have done since eBay in 2000: defend myself. Beware of those who resents/objects against someone who defends themselves. They want "obedience", under the guise of "don't be confrontational. Be nice". Tokyo Rose behavior. CAL won't fall for that crapolla. I see something, I call it. Right or wrong or a mixture of both I call it as I see it and those who don't like that eventually get what is coming to them. Tastes better when CAL throws the knockout punch, but as most punks hide behind keyboards in Mama's basements, that is not usually possible. But I usually hear about their come-uppance later.

And that guy over the pond....have not seen much of him lately. I wonder what happened??? I know what happened, as it always does. I will let YOU clowns figure it out.

Might not hear much out of Logan510 either....

I have a bad attitude? Really? Really? Don't get near me at a Comic Show. I promise I won't utter ONE WORD! I promise!!!

CAL who does not hold his breath for other human's actions( or inactions)

 

And this is exactly what I mean..... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! WOOO!!! WOOO!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Now everyone read this message again in the voice of Flair !

 

 

 

maxresdefault.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,769 posts
4 hours ago, kav said:

I like how threads always eventually become about me.

You put yourself out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,633 posts
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, kav said:

How can you dislike someone that likes comics so much he owns 90% of the IMSMs?

That, my friend; to dislike Cal and his special brand of diversity that he brings to this forum, dare I say it; would be Un-American!  (tsk) 

 

That's not who we are!

Edited by James J Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,769 posts

Then there was the time that Ric Flair beat on a book... 

 

ric-flair-14.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52,452 posts
1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

He's the King. Long live Cal, the King of IMSM 1 and the Doge of Shmubstance. For me, it took very little of my researching his old posts to come to the realization that we've never seen his like. And we may never again.

You better be careful. Comments like this, and you're likely to win FOTY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,633 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kav said:

Cal is a definite asset and offers a different perspective.  How can you dislike someone that likes comics so much he owns 90% of the IMSMs?

Does Cal have an origin thread? Something that explains his obsession with IMSM 1. Was he bewitched? Maybe by some wizard with a wry sense of humor?

Edited by James J Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42,863 posts
5 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Does Cal have an origin thread? Something that explains his obsession with IMSM 1. Was he bewitched? Maybe by some wizard with a wry sense of humor?

@Calamerica I would be highly interested in your story of your obsession with IMSM and I know others would too.  Origin stories are always the most collectible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
4 4