• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nickel City Con 2018 Report
2 2

51 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Turnout was great.  I got into the show around 11:30a Saturday; it opened at 10a.  I didn't take any pictures of the celebrity area, which was packed.

Here's a screencap taken from this video: http://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/thousands-come-out-for-nickel-city-comicon_20180314092127607/1042874606

crowd.thumb.jpg.88fb56090f870035f74f406400a9afc3.jpg

Here are pictures from Saturday via The Buffalo News: http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/19/gallery10613/

blowie: if this is meant to be sarcastic i can understand. these pics and the link are from 2017  cant believe based on your previous pics that this years was any where close.......

40 minutes ago, anstettoman said:

blowie: if this is meant to be sarcastic i can understand. these pics and the link are from 2017  cant believe based on your previous pics that this years was any where close.......

My mistake.  Didn't check the date when I searched WIVB.com 

I was only there about two or three hours on Saturday morning.  

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon

On 5/19/2018 at 2:24 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Penny Baker is an American model and actress. After being interviewed in Chicago, she was chosen as Playboy's Playmate of the Month for January 1984, the 30th Anniversary Playmate. 

IMG_20180519_121413170.thumb.jpg.ffbbdc993fd79ad645be19dc634f6cad.jpg

1984? I'm sure I had that issue stashed away somewhere at the time. Because I like the articles.

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

1984? I'm sure I had that issue stashed away somewhere at the time. Because I like the articles.

I can relate..... I liked the articles so much, in fact, that I usually removed all the photos..... so they wouldn't interfere, of course. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 5/19/2018 at 9:29 PM, Spidey 62 said:

Were these pictures taken before the crowd came in, or was this a poorly attended show?  I ask because I have been noticing a definite downward trend in the average show. I think the bubble has burst.  The last few years, if a show was on, people showed up.  Now, not as much.

I heard that Little Giant Old School show in Concord, NH at the end of April was gangbusters.  

2 hours ago, Jerkfro said:

I heard that Little Giant Old School show in Concord, NH at the end of April was gangbusters.  

That's good. Nice to know there are still small shows that are making a mark.