• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

and you though we were weird. My day at the doll convention
1 1

74 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, oakman29 said:

And I thought I was crazy! (:

I thought you were too wtf

14 hours ago, rjpb said:

She was doll obsessed until adolescence, and had a coupe dozen child and baby types, most of them inexpensive, but a few nicer ones from various Christmases, etc.  Strangely didn't give any of her dolls permanent names, but would create new names for various elaborate scenarios she would concoct, sometimes alone, sometimes with friends, like playing "School" where she would be both the teacher and the mother of a child who was having issues with other kids, or "Orphanage"  where she would be both the woman who ran the orphanage and the prospective parent. It was fascinating, though admittedly mildly disturbing, to hear her carry on involved conversations, speaking for imagined characters and the dolls,  alone in her room for an hour at a time. When she hit her teen years she traded in playing with dolls for binge watching CW shows on her laptop. 

This is completely normal behavior and yes fascinating.  One child development book I read had the example of 5 year olds playing in a play house.  One little girl was sweeping and she said oh there's so much work-I really need a maid.  Then she went outside and came back in and said I'm the new maid!  and began sweeping.  

I would love to read a book that was transcriptions of children's play conversations.  If you can remember any of the things she said I would love to hear it.  

Edited by kav

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

How did you find my nightmare in your sigline. :eek:

Omg wtf HOW DID THAT GET THERE

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I also have nightmares of rats crawling up my body.

Guess it's an occupational hazard.???

you seriously have nitemares of mothman?  like seriously?

ps rats crawling can be symbols of feeling swarmed by work or pressures

Just now, oakman29 said:

I do work too hard at killing.:busy:

If they would stop breeding, you could stop killin.  This is on them not you.

but how did you even know who mothman was??

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

What, you think I dont watch B movies?

Gotcha.  Ok I was just afraid that maybe you had never heard of him and he showed up in your dream which would be solid evidence he actually exists.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Gotcha.  Ok I was just afraid that maybe you had never heard of him and he showed up in your dream which would be solid evidence he actually exists.

:whistle:

2 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

:whistle:

If Mothra or whatever really exists he's gonna do a lot of damage to wool fabrics.

Just now, oakman29 said:

Gonna take alot of bug spray.

we're not stocked for that-