• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Showcase #45

14 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Dino-Mutt said:

I WOULD SAY A 3.5, IS THERE ANY WAY TO RESTORE SOMETHING LIKE THIS? I KNOW HOW EVERYONE FEELS ABOUT RESTORATION, AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A BOOK RESTORED, ALTHOUGH I HAVE BOUGHT ONE UNKNOWINGLY. JUST CURIOUS. THANKS

No, stains are unrestorable, although if there is rippling on the cover from the stain you might be able to flatten it out. But over time the paper might revert due to the memory in the paper. At least I think that is correct.

21 hours ago, Kramerica said:

No, stains are unrestorable, although if there is rippling on the cover from the stain you might be able to flatten it out. But over time the paper might revert due to the memory in the paper. At least I think that is correct.

OK, Thanks for the info,

On 5/21/2018 at 7:48 PM, Kramerica said:
On 5/21/2018 at 5:40 PM, Dino-Mutt said:

I WOULD SAY A 3.5, IS THERE ANY WAY TO RESTORE SOMETHING LIKE THIS? I KNOW HOW EVERYONE FEELS ABOUT RESTORATION, AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A BOOK RESTORED, ALTHOUGH I HAVE BOUGHT ONE UNKNOWINGLY. JUST CURIOUS. THANKS

I thought wet cleaning using solvents or water was able to accomplish that.

10 minutes ago, kav said:

I thought wet cleaning using solvents or water was able to accomplish that.

Really? I didn't know that. But as far as remaining unrestored you wouldn't be able to add solvents. At least I think...

Just now, Kramerica said:

Really? I didn't know that. But as far as remaining unrestored you wouldn't be able to add solvents. At least I think...

yes I understand it would get a conserved grade.  Ps I found this interesting video:

19 hours ago, kav said:

yes I understand it would get a conserved grade.  Ps I found this interesting video:

Very nice. Makes me wanna dig out a few beaters and look for stains. I'm worried about ripping that cheap paper from those older comics. Would have to be a lot gentler than he was in the video. I'll let you know how it goes if I can find some. I'll take before & after pics.