• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] That's The Spirit! -- Some Prices Cut, All PM's Welcome!

28 posts in this topic

On tap tonight we have more than a magazine box full of fairly sharp Spirit-related comics. I took a big chunk of a 67-box estate collection left behind by a local collector over a year ago, and this was a part of the final portion that I acquired from his brother. (Some of you have seen the JSA #35 splash recreation by Hasen that I have posted -- this came from the same guy, as did the BWS-autographed Savage Tales #1 that I let go here. Guy was a big autograph collector :whistle:)

Some items will be priced shipped and some will be plus shipping. Either way, I will combine to minimize shipping costs. There will be singles and lots, hardcovers and comics and magazines and more. 

Mods: A couple postings may involve comics printed in the early 80's but I hope this tail on the dog won't get me yanked as the Spirit is a character of the Golden Age and most all the books regardless of date contain Golden Age content that will be of most interest to those of us who frequent GSB. That said, the vast majority of what will be offered is from the Silver and Bronze ages, mostly bronze.

:rulez:

1st :takeit: in the thread wins. (PMs always welcome but takes trump negotiations.)

Shipping: Other than lots listed with a shipped in U.S.  price, items will be plus actual priority U.S. Shipping. Canada at actual; don't worry, we will net out the shipping assumptions built into lots priced as shipped in U.S. If you're in Canada and taking one. And of course shipping gets combined to minimize if you take multiple lots/singles. We'll figure actual shipping in those cases via PM communication.

Dont be listy (tsk) (Including the one in my head -- I reserve the right to decline to sell to anyone.)

Payment is Money Order or Check. I do not have Paypal.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within three days and get it back on your dime in the same shape for a purchase price refund. (Unless I missed something.)

Ready? Let's head to Wildwood Cemetery....

Edited by Readcomix

First up, we have three of the 1972 black and white Spirit Section reprints. Each collector pack contained 10 reprints. These were opened; they come inserted in a comic bag with the topper from each original pack. Your choice, $10 each plus shipping:

June 1940 Detroit News $10

August 1940 Sunday Star $10

January 1941 Sunday Star $10

:news: Take all three packs for $30 shipped within U.S. ! :whee:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Go big or go home time! Anger your postal carrier!

The Spirit magazine complete set, #1-41, average grade FVF (Most seem to range between 6.0-8.0, there may be an outlier either way, but I am pretty comfortable with that range.) I will show a few for example; if you want more pix, lemme know.

The first 16 issues are square bound Warren magazines; Kitchen Sink took over from 17 on. 

#1 is autographed in silver by the late, great Basil Gogos. (Middle right; note on this guy's magazine bag says it was signed in 2008)

$200 shipped in U.S. (Shipping is surely $20 range for this, which is already included in the $200 purchase price...just clarifying...$200 gets the stack, shipped, anywhere in the U.S. Will send to Canada for actual minus $20, which is my best guess of approximate U.S. Shipping.)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

Okay, this last post is most but not all of the Kitchen Sink Spirit comic book that followed the magazine run. Everything looks at least VF, some surely lower end of NM. The series ran 87 issues. Take your pick, $1 each plus shipping, so stack away!

:news: SOLD: Issue #'s 29,47,49,50,53,55 59,60,65-69,71,72,77,78,80,82-87 

Available (I think!) are #1-26, 35,38,40,41, 46, 48, 51, 52, 54, 56-58, 61-64, 73-76, 79, 81

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix