• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avoid AtomicAvenue like the plague

26 posts in this topic

anyone else order books through atomic avenue? OMG they are just aweful! the sellers through there cannot grade their books even remotely close! I would avoid shopping there!

Selling books that are NM with heavy water damage, covers actually folded over inside bag/board. Fine books at best. 

does that site have a seller feedback system?

I purchased books from 5 different sellers on there way back in 2008 when I was getting back into comics and on a buying spree. I recall being satisfied with 3 of the 5 orders. The 2 I had a problem with sent me books that were clearly not in the grade described. I reported the issue and was given a full refund on one and partial on the other. I stopped using them not soon after mainly due to how high each sellers shipping charge was costing compared to ebay and the fact that stock photos with a grade seemed to be the only option. 

Maybe things have changed since then.

There are a handful of sellers that I trust on there, but the majority do overgrade books IMO. And the site has always offered inflated shipping costs relative to what actual costs should be.

1 minute ago, MadGenius said:

There are a handful of sellers that I trust on there, but the majority do overgrade books IMO. And the site has always offered inflated shipping costs relative to what actual costs should be.

...then again I guess some things haven't changed.

8 minutes ago, justafan said:

does that site have a seller feedback system?

I purchased books from 5 different sellers on there way back in 2008 when I was getting back into comics and on a buying spree. I recall being satisfied with 3 of the 5 orders. The 2 I had a problem with sent me books that were clearly not in the grade described. I reported the issue and was given a full refund on one and partial on the other. I stopped using them not soon after mainly due to how high each sellers shipping charge was costing compared to ebay and the fact that stock photos with a grade seemed to be the only option. 

Maybe things have changed since then.

Yes it does 

25 minutes ago, justafan said:
29 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

...then again I guess some things haven't changed.

I use the site periodically with a decent results, but I hate the shipping costs as well because they aren't accurate. 

I wouldn't call it a bad site by any means, but there are some sellers I avoid.

I have purchased about 20 times and only had to return twice.  Both cases, the books were over graded but refunded quickly.  One of the sellers refused to send me a scan of what a book looked like.  I took a chance.  It was graded as VG but was Poor at best so back it went.