• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics4less
2 2

70 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It was well over a decade ago, so no. Like I said, what was most puzzling is that communication just completely ceased. I figured something catastrophic had happened and moved on. Besides, I completely lack the ability to express myself...like at all...in the moment.

The last time I tried calling a store, I ended up speaking to a "Beth Abbott" at Lonestar, and that didn't turn out so well. :D

In other words, the restraining order is still in effect.  :baiting:

On 5/21/2018 at 1:56 AM, Tony S said:

Peter (Comics4less) is a great example of how one can build a solid business on eBay. Low starting bid, no reserve auctions. Every single week. Conservative grading. cheap but secure and quick shipping, easy returns. 

I discovered him early on and nabbed a good number of bargains. But as time went on Peter amassed more and more followers. It is RARE that anything goes cheap now. I still purchase a few books from them every once in a while. But it tends to be the more obscure stuff that I like (say Charlton or Tower Superhero) where I'm not competing with as many buyers. 

Comics4less attends a lot of shows but only brings inexpensive $1-$3 books.  At those shows he goes looking for inventory.  He sells literally all of his good stuff on eBay, not shows. 

It's a solid business model that if someone wanted to put in the work, time and money could be duplicated. 

Pete has his inexpensive boxes at the show but has also started bringing higher end book setup a bit separate from the bargain divers. I can't recall who he's partnering with but he had an AF15 at C2E2. 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

I did several thousand dollars worth of business with Lange's from the late 90s to the mid 00s.

I regret not buying more from Lange's in the mid 00s.  

I agree I always loved getting a box from him. His books were really nice. I tried to keep in mind how he packed his books and how he treated customers since I bought from him 
before I was selling comics. The access to collections this guy must have had. Amazing books and until other buyers caught on sometimes dirt cheap.

I've known Pete for 6 years.  I've known his dad for over 30 years.  I do a ton of business with Pete because he's fair, honest and is a man of his word.  Rare qualities in business. 

First off, Pete (Comics4less) has the goods. He works very hard to maintain his inventory. He has an auction every single week and they are always robust, hundreds of books, accurately graded. He ships promptly, the next day following payment. If you pay Sunday night, the usual ending day for his auctions, your book goes out the next morning. His packaging is top notch and his shipping prices are more than fair. With this kind of consistent service and inventory, he has built a loyal following. With a great business model and good buddies in the business like Leroy(Lhcomics) and Moondog, it is no surprise how successful he is.

35 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

First off, Pete (Comics4less) has the goods. He works very hard to maintain his inventory. He has an auction every single week and they are always robust, hundreds of books, accurately graded. He ships promptly, the next day following payment. If you pay Sunday night, the usual ending day for his auctions, your book goes out the next morning. His packaging is top notch and his shipping prices are more than fair. With this kind of consistent service and inventory, he has built a loyal following. With a great business model and good buddies in the business like Leroy(Lhcomics) and Moondog, it is no surprise how successful he is.

Taking notes: "How to succeed in the comic biz":

1) Develop a friendship with Leroy

2) And the same goes for Moondog

Now, where do these guys hang out and when? Anyone?