• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Deadpool NON-APPRECIATION Thread.
3 3

44 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I had no interest in the character until I read the Joe Kelly run in the 90s, which had a decent sense of humour throughout.

Enjoyed both films, especially, as I said in the Deadpool 2 thread, Reynolds' excellent watered-down Jim Carrey impression.

Full of totally ridiculous scenes and a great contrast to Infinity War, so soon after watching that one.

The first deadpool series was/is absolutely hysterical. And the ONLY comics series I have complete and will not sell, plan to re read it soon. So much fun!

9 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Imagine being so salty about a comic character that you make a thread about how much you dislike them.

Without...Ever...Reading.... His....Book...

???

My wife thinks I'm sweet :foryou:.   You make it sound as if I have no knowledge of the character, and have never read anything with him in it.   Not true.   He has made plenty of appearances in comics I have read, X-Force and Wolverine to name a couple.  I also watched him in the X-Men Origins: Wolverine movie, as well as caught parts of his 1st solo movie.   Character does nothing for me.  This is merely a post to bring like minded individuals together, to cast a light on the over- hype, and show that he is not liked by everybody. I....Hope....That....Clears....Up....Your.....Confusion.....

Deathstroke with an adolescent sense of humor...initially drawn by a hackjob.

A guy in a ninja outfit? *yawn*

To each their own.

23 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I hated Ryan Reynolds in Blade 3.  Didn't watch the first Deadpool movie, won't be watching the second.

I've never owned a New Mutants 98, but I gleefully traded my first Cable some months ago for a Strange Tales 104, first appearance of Paste Pot Pete.  The whole Liefeld run was a lesson to my young self to buy what you like, and not pay top dollar chasing after the new hotness, so I'm not a fan.

Winner for Paste Pot Pete Love

He didnt bust any boundaries.  I can find Nancy strips from the 50s that break the 4th wall-as many as you want.  It's not clever or new or anything.   Oh look I kill people and make jokes is the most worn out movie cliche of all time.  Nope.

I don't think Deadpool would be as bad if he wasn't so oversaturated in the Comics.  DC has done the same thing with Harley Quinn.  They've taken something as great as Harley Quinn an beat us over the head with her!  

I bought a collection that had Remender's run of X-Force in it.  I've heard good things so I'm definitely gonna read it before I completely hate on the character.

15 minutes ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I don't think Deadpool would be as bad if he wasn't so oversaturated in the Comics.  DC has done the same thing with Harley Quinn.  They've taken something as great as Harley Quinn an beat us over the head with her!  

I bought a collection that had Remender's run of X-Force in it.  I've heard good things so I'm definitely gonna read it before I completely hate on the character.

you nailed it and i cant decide who i hate more.  the hyuk goofy joking killing machines are essentially the same character,

Deadpool 11 where they draw him into an old issue of ASM was great.

YouTube Epic Rap Battles vs Boba Fett is funny.

My NM 98 is about Fine + so not worth selling. If it was 9.4 +.....   Gone!

I bought it off the rack but can't remember from where which doesn't happen with "better" books.

I know Deadpool is a marvel character. I know his first apperence is NM 98 with the dreadful cover art. He came around after I gave up on buying new marvel/Dc comics (1988)

I have seen neither movie and have never read any comic with him in it. I’ve never even seen one of the films trailers all the way through. I click past/through it. 

A plus of not having children is (and unfortunately you have to work hard at it and you shouldn’t) is that you can stay blissfully unaware of pop culture is you want. 

The billboard ads look dopey. What’s his super power?

Edited by NoMan

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

The billboard ads look dopey. What’s his super power?

Mainly healing, might be better than wolverines healing ability...trained in special forces 

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Mainly healing, might be better than wolverines healing ability...trained in special forces 

Cool. If people like it, God bless ‘em. 

Edited by NoMan

His main power is he laughs in the face of death because being a 4th wall breaker he knows the writers will get him out of any scrape.  This adds yuks but seriously diminishes the suspense factor.

6 hours ago, kav said:

He didnt bust any boundaries.  I can find Nancy strips from the 50s that break the 4th wall-as many as you want.  It's not clever or new or anything.   Oh look I kill people and make jokes is the most worn out movie cliche of all time.  Nope.

I didn't at any point think it was quite as bad, in this respect, as many Mad parodies, even going back to stories in the early, original 50s comics such as 'Superduperman' or 'Bat Boy and Rubin', which I find extremely forced and trying much, much too hard.

10 hours ago, Sludgesicle Man said:

I don't think Deadpool would be as bad if he wasn't so oversaturated in the Comics

In the 90s, Marvel produced a consistently-funny Deadpool comic, quality, prior to the more recent oversaturation.  So, I can recall the potential of those good days, after a poor start by the character's creator, and enjoy the films.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I always found Deathstroke and Taskmaster to be better 'separated at birth' candidates.