• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Deadpool NON-APPRECIATION Thread.
3 3

44 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kav said:

His main power is he laughs in the face of death because...

his healing factor negates advanced terminal cancer and keeps it in remission. The sense of relief, freedom, and darker undercurrent, which helps stimulate compensatory humour and destructive behaviour. That said, Wilson's funny even before that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

10 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

In the 90s, Marvel produced a consistently-funny Deadpool comic, quality, prior to the more recent oversaturation.  So, I can recall the potential of those good days, after a poor start by the character's creator, and enjoy the films.

In the early 90's, he was a plot device, an unstoppable assassin who would teleport out if he started losing.  He didn't say much other than "Tolliver wants you dead," through X-Force, and then he started popping up in Wolverine, doing the plot device thing again as the assassin Wolverine couldn't kill.  I dropped Marvel before 1997.  Did he wake up one day and suddenly start being nice?

Before anyone says, "read it, you'll like it!"... no.

12 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

In the early 90's, he was a plot device, an unstoppable assassin who would teleport out if he started losing.  He didn't say much other than "Tolliver wants you dead," through X-Force, and then he started popping up in Wolverine, doing the plot device thing again as the assassin Wolverine couldn't kill.  I dropped Marvel before 1997.  Did he wake up one day and suddenly start being nice?

Before anyone says, "read it, you'll like it!"... no.

The 1997 continued series is where his stories, especially under Joe Kelly, started to get really good.

I was largely oblivious to the character until a friend recommended the series to me.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I liked the original Deadpool series and I liked the first 10 issues of the new run however I think Marvel made me sick of the character.....overkill. I didn't really like the movie, again I think that Marvel made me sick of him.