• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Giant Size Appreciation Thread
7 7

275 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, shiftzee said:

Love this.

I eagle-eyed your lead photo but I don't see GS Superheroes 1 (1973 Spider-Man with man-wolf and Morbius). I've been trying to upgrade mine for years. When I do, I'll trade my old one for an extra GS Captain America if you have it.

Good catch! I accidentally left it out of the photo :( Shame because I have a nice copy. Now I have to retake the photo!!! 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:49 PM, creaturefan95 said:

Don't forget about the first appearance of Tigra in Giant-Size Creatures #1! :preach:

A book I have and oddly have never connected in my head to giant size marvels.  Honestly didnt even know there were so many!

On 2/19/2019 at 11:14 PM, Comic_Zone said:

Only Giant Size book i've read is GSXM #1.  Would love to get some recommendations from here on what some Giant Size stories are worth picking up!

If you're serious about wanting to read the books, note that only some of these were new stories -- many of them were reprints.  Off the top of my head, G-S FF #4 has the first appearance of the Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) so if you're an X-Men fan that could be one to focus on.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 4/11/2019 at 8:07 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

If you're serious about wanting to read the books, note that only some of these were new stories -- many of them were reprints.  Off the top of my head, G-S FF #4 has the first appearance of the Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) so if you're an X-Men fan that could be one to focus on.

The Roy Thomas Gil Kane GZ CONAN run is among one of the best of the era IMHO