Marvel's Giant Size Appreciation Thread
5 5

105 posts in this topic

385 posts

Only Giant Size book i've read is GSXM #1.  Would love to get some recommendations from here on what some Giant Size stories are worth picking up!

5,454 posts

I love the Giant Size books! This would be fun to put this run together like you did. 

40,289 posts
1 hour ago, Comic_Zone said:

Only Giant Size book i've read is GSXM #1.  Would love to get some recommendations from here on what some Giant Size stories are worth picking up!

All of them really. :foryou:

9,222 posts
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 11:17 AM, batmiesta said:

What grade did they say it was? Looks very sharp. 

Sold as a 7.5 

It was the only one they had (at the time) so I really didn't bother with the Zoom feature.

LINK

Edited by MR SigS

3,357 posts
On 2/16/2019 at 12:25 PM, batmiesta said:

Picture214.jpg

This was one of my all time favorite books as a kid growing up. I still have my original (read it ragged, and loved every page, over and over again!)

:cloud9:

2,484 posts
On 2/12/2019 at 8:44 AM, shiftzee said:

Love this.

I eagle-eyed your lead photo but I don't see GS Superheroes 1 (1973 Spider-Man with man-wolf and Morbius). I've been trying to upgrade mine for years. When I do, I'll trade my old one for an extra GS Captain America if you have it.

Good catch! I accidentally left it out of the photo :( Shame because I have a nice copy. Now I have to retake the photo!!! 

501 posts

Pretty impressive - enjoy the fruits of tour hard work - I can’t recall seeing a full collection ever 

3,964 posts

I think Colmore man had a full set (or near as damn it)  in 9.8, Heritage auctioned them off last year. 

37,188 posts
On 2/16/2019 at 2:30 PM, batmiesta said:

Picture335.jpg

Call, and raise:

gsfantasticfour002.jpg

37,188 posts
On 2/20/2019 at 12:20 AM, divad said:

All of them really. :foryou:

Giant Size Defenders 2 contains just an excellent story.

152 posts
On 5/20/2018 at 7:49 PM, creaturefan95 said:

Don't forget about the first appearance of Tigra in Giant-Size Creatures #1! :preach:

A book I have and oddly have never connected in my head to giant size marvels.  Honestly didnt even know there were so many!

23,524 posts

Don’t forget those solo Howard the Duck stories in man thing GS 4/5 won’t don’t forget that many of these have insidious marvel value stamps to clip :-)

3,964 posts

When did that collection show up? Looks pretty friggin awesome.

1,141 posts
Posted (edited)
On 2/19/2019 at 11:14 PM, Comic_Zone said:

If you're serious about wanting to read the books, note that only some of these were new stories -- many of them were reprints.  Off the top of my head, G-S FF #4 has the first appearance of the Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) so if you're an X-Men fan that could be one to focus on.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

251 posts
On 4/11/2019 at 8:07 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

If you're serious about wanting to read the books, note that only some of these were new stories -- many of them were reprints.  Off the top of my head, G-S FF #4 has the first appearance of the Multiple Man (Jamie Madrox) so if you're an X-Men fan that could be one to focus on.

The Roy Thomas Gil Kane GZ CONAN run is among one of the best of the era IMHO