• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time submitting... questions about submitting to CCS first
2 2

9 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, 1966BARRACUDA said:

Hello-  I am putting a few comics together for a submission.  I would like to have them pressed first.  How do I send to CCS first and will the get to CGC from CCS after they finish their work?

Thanks for the help-

claude

I'm pretty sure on the CGC forms now there's a box you can check to have them sent to CCS first.  Either way, to get the most direct answer from someone who is PAID to know these things and help customers with these questions, you should probably call or email CCS or CGC.  They're pretty responsive.  Good luck.

Edited by revat

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:17 PM, 1966BARRACUDA said:

Hello-  I am putting a few comics together for a submission.  I would like to have them pressed first.  How do I send to CCS first and will the get to CGC from CCS after they finish their work?

Thanks for the help-

claude

There is a box to check on the online form for ccs...You will mail them to CGC and they will send them to CCS for you

Similar question. 

I have some expensive comics I’d like pressed at CCS then submitted to CGC. Worth over $5k each let’s say.  Also, some worth only $500 that I’d like pressed. I understand the expensive ones require a more expensive service  and have faster turnaround?

Can I ship them all together in one box even if they are different levels?  Do I send to CCS first or CGC?

Will they open the current slabs I assume?

Curious what the official process is if I wanted to send them 5-10 books worth between $500 and $10,000....thanks! Best to send separate or grouped together, like ones over $3k each in one package. USPS best option with insurance?

Edited by Gruson

2 minutes ago, Gruson said:

Similar question. 

I have some expensive comics I’d like pressed at CCS then submitted to CGC. Worth over $5k each let’s say.  Also, some worth only $500 that I’d like pressed. I understand the expensive ones require a more expensive service  and have faster turnaround?

Can I ship them all together in one box even if they are different levels?  Do I send to CCS first or CGC?

Will they open the current slabs I assume?

Curious what the official process is if I wanted to send them 5-10 books worth between $500 and $10,000....thanks! Best to send separate or grouped together?  USPS best option with insurance?

As long as they are on the same invoice, you can pack them together, Send to CCS first and passed on to CGC for grading

Only problem I had was, I had a handful of $300-$500 books and one that was worth around $3k, so the 3k book got express grading and the others took a bit longer, the $3k got sent back to me on its own and the others turned up a few weeks later

I asked could they all be shipped back to me together as one package but I was told no, so best to enquire about that question as things may have changed since I did it last.

Ok thanks. I’ll join and read over the forms. 

Do they insure the comics when they return them?  Do they just charge your credit card on file?  How do they ship?  I’ve had packages stolen before so curious. 

2 hours ago, Gruson said:

Do they insure the comics when they return them?  Do they just charge your credit card on file?  How do they ship?  I’ve had packages stolen before so curious. 

Your books will be insured for the amount you specified on the submission form. I would think twice about mixing 500 dollar books with 5,000 dollar books into the same submission. You want the submissions to all go through the same process together. In the same, out the same, processed together.  

2 hours ago, Gruson said:

As  far as packages being stolen, there is an option to ship UPS. When you get notification that package has shipped you can go to UPS website and have package sent to UPS store for pickup. Need to sign, so easier to have package waiting at shop.... Not sure if you need to get an account at UPS.COM (UPSMy Choice) for this service, but it's great for tracking packages,  changing delivery date, etc.

Edited by jokiing