• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BOOK INCOMPLETE?

13 posts in this topic

Hello I purchased this book off FeeBay, it has a beautiful color and cover except the top right. Problem is the listing did not describe the damage through several pages of the book. I only paid $115 or so for it but I am concern it will comeback from grading as incomplete, thoughts?

Pics attached for reference!

received_10212106260676211.jpeg

received_10212106266556358.jpeg

received_10212106264076296.jpeg

5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Slightly interrupted the story but not much.  I am sure the grade may be lower than VG- 3.5. The structure looks good but missing pieces for four pages will impact the grade in a big time.

Thank you... not really worried about the grade because the book displays so well. I am worried about it being labeled as incomplete.

14 minutes ago, NormdaMarine said:

Thank you... not really worried about the grade because the book displays so well. I am worried about it being labeled as incomplete.

If the coupon, ads, half or full page is missing, it will be incomplete or Poor .5 but it can get the qualified (green) label.

2 hours ago, NormdaMarine said:

If you are not interested in the grade, then why do you want to get it slabbed ? This is a big flaw, I think you will be disappointed in the grading results. I am also concerned that the top edge may be trimmed. I see, from the E-Bay listing, that the Back Cover has another piece missing. This book is in very bad shape. If there is any way to get your money back I would send it back. Sorry.

3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

If you are not interested in the grade, then why do you want to get it slabbed ? This is a big flaw, I think you will be disappointed in the grading results. I am also concerned that the top edge may be trimmed. I see, from the E-Bay listing, that the Back Cover has another piece missing. This book is in very bad shape. If there is any way to get your money back I would send it back. Sorry.

I thought that too.

13 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Now I understand why you bombed everybody. The Bomber-Bob! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the responses... As to the question as why I get it slabbed if I don't care about the grade? Mainly just to preserve the book specifically if they are in "bad" shape... Meaning I don't mind 2.0/2.5 books as long as they are not restored or incomplete.

4 hours ago, NormdaMarine said:

Thanks for the responses... As to the question as why I get it slabbed if I don't care about the grade? Mainly just to preserve the book specifically if they are in "bad" shape... Meaning I don't mind 2.0/2.5 books as long as they are not restored or incomplete.

Let us know about the result.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:55 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Agree with all. :( Interior damage and most likely trimmed. I'd return it for sure.

I'd also say this is an odd choice of book to get slabbed even in the best-case scenario. For the price you paid for this book, plus the grading fees, round trip postage etc and months of your time, you could likely buy a blue label slabbed copy in nearly the same condition, and eliminate all the risks on this raw copy that you're now weighing. 

If you are buying books with the intention of slabbing, it's probably worth considering a subscription to GPA, or at the very least perusing completed auctions on ebay. Doing a bit of homework will help avoid disappointments. Good luck!