• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Joker #1

7 posts in this topic

Already encased. Curious if anyone has thoughts about what they can see with the case. I will post what the grade was. I am new but was bit surprised by grade it received, so hoping to learn!  Thanks

IMG_6360.JPG

IMG_6361.JPG

IMG_6363.JPG

IMG_6357.JPG

IMG_6358.JPG

IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6362.jpg

real tough to tell from the pics, do you have a full picture or scan of the cover front and back?  6.0? or a 5.5?  It really is hard to tell with the pics though, If you can load more, I think you might get some more responses though. Thanks 

On 5/24/2018 at 7:32 PM, Dino-Mutt said:

real tough to tell from the pics, do you have a full picture or scan of the cover front and back?  6.0? or a 5.5?  It really is hard to tell with the pics though, If you can load more, I think you might get some more responses though. Thanks 

Wow, pretty good, thank you. It came back 6.5 and (being new at this) I really thought it under graded. But the more I study I'm beginning to see how far the science of grading has come. When I was buying at weekend flea markets in the 70s and 80s as long as the pages were intact, no big tears or loose staples, and a shiny cover, we'd call that "a pretty good comic." I actually thought this Joker was at least an 8 based on my history of collecting and trading -- And please realize the whole cgc number thing is completely new to my way of thinking. I do come from a different point of view with regards to comic collecting, but now that I'm starting to sell off my collection, get certain issues slabbed and graded professionally, I am trying to learn. Thank you for your time!

On 5/26/2018 at 10:21 PM, Kramerica said:

As Dino said it's quite tough without a pic of the whole book. But with what you've provided I would go 4.5

Thanks! Please read my reply to Dino, all of it applies to you as well :)  Really appreciate your time, and any future posts will include full scans!