• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM FF #49

11 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ladic said:

would you say it is worth slabbing?

I slabbed one that looks similar, but I got some sigs on it, Stan Lee and Joe sinnot, cause it was low grade. It also came back 3.5 btw. So yours is not too bad off. Total cost for mine after sigs and slabbing was $225, so depending on what you have cost wise into it, these are options. I'm satisfied with mine, but it's up to your personal preference.....

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I slabbed one that looks similar, but I got some sigs on it, Stan Lee and Joe sinnot, cause it was low grade. It also came back 3.5 btw. So yours is not too bad off. Total cost for mine after sigs and slabbing was $225, so depending on what you have cost wise into it, these are options. I'm satisfied with mine, but it's up to your personal preference.....

I bought this comic as a teen in the mid 90's, I believe I paid around $12.

3 minutes ago, Ladic said:

I bought this comic as a teen in the mid 90's, I believe I paid around $12.

Well it's tough, I'm kind of in the same boat with you, after my #49 came back 3.5 I have a #50 that looks to be a little worse off. Do I slab it?

At this point I don't know that it is worth it, unless perhaps you added signatures, but that is my own personal preference.... you could slab it to get it over with, just to keep it in the condition it is already in ......

If you've read it and got enough out of it and just want to preserve it now, it might be worth slabbing. Current 3.0/3.5 go for some coin.

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well it's tough, I'm kind of in the same boat with you, after my #49 came back 3.5 I have a #50 that looks to be a little worse off. Do I slab it?

At this point I don't know that it is worth it, unless perhaps you added signatures, but that is my own personal preference.... you could slab it to get it over with, just to keep it in the condition it is already in ......

If you've read it and got enough out of it and just want to preserve it now, it might be worth slabbing. Current 3.0/3.5 go for some coin.

thank you for the info, what would be about going price for a 3.0/3.5? is there a website where you can track price trends?

Edited by Ladic

1 minute ago, Ladic said:

thank you for the info, what would be about going price for a 3.0/3.5?

I don't know the profit margins at all lol but if you paid $12 for it.....

depending on where you sold it.... ummm not sure on raw but graded 2.5 on ebay went for less than $150, so weigh that into you decision. Were you really looking to sell?

usually graded goes for more than ungraded, but depends on if you want to go through all that trouble :foryou: 

33 minutes ago, Ladic said:

thank you for the info, what would be about going price for a 3.0/3.5? is there a website where you can track price trends?

I use eBay and GP Analysis to get a good idea of current values. Your FF #49 looks like a nice "reader" to me...

Edited by The Lions Den

HELPFUL HINTS, GUIDELINES, etc... for Hey Buddy Can you spare a grade? 

FRONT & BACK COVERS
5. Post scans of both front and back cover as a minimum. Additional scans or photos of problem areas are helpful and encouraged. Pictures of the interior can assist as well, but please don't scan the inside of a comic as you could damage it!

It is impossible to give you an accurate grade guess without this!!