• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mylites2 “Standard” 725M2 And Annuals

9 posts in this topic

So the general consensus seems to be that the “current” 700M2 won’t fit anything thicker than a recently published comic, even excluding ones with higher page counts. 

Does anyone know how well a Mylites2 Standard 725M2 with a full-back 700FB board will accept something like an annual, or something with a thicker cover, like the lenticulars, or the die cut card stock?

Looking to take the plunge into mylar, but want to get something that will fit most of my collection. Preferably using full-backs.

Edited by JasonB626

4 hours ago, JasonB626 said:

So the general consensus seems to be that the “current” 700M2 won’t fit anything thicker than a recently published comic, even excluding ones with higher page counts. 

Does anyone know how well a Mylites2 Standard 725M2 with a full-back 700FB board will accept something like an annual, or something with a thicker cover, like the lenticulars, or the die cut card stock?

Looking to take the plunge into mylar, but want to get something that will fit most of my collection. Preferably using full-backs.

This should help you out quite a bit:

I'm visual and it helped me a lot. 

11 hours ago, JasonB626 said:

You will need to use 775M2 Silver/Gold Mylars with a 750 board for silver age, pre-1976 bronze, annuals, or any thicker comic book over 64-pages. It will still be too tight if you keep these larger books in the M725M2/700FB combo. There's not much give in the 2 mil Mylar and you'll put a lot of stress on your larger books due to the tight space, particularly at the top and bottom right corners.

If most of your collection is dated after 1975, go with the 725M2/700FB but add 775M2/750FB for your annuals and such. However, if you have a lot of silver and bronze mixed with copper-moderns, might as well plunge into the 775M2/750FB combo for all your books so they maintain a uniform look.

Just my 2c

Edited by letsgrumble

So I took the plunge and picked up some Mylites2 Standard 725M2 with some Full-Back 700FB boards. And I can say that the annuals and lenticulars fit just fine in them. I hope this helps anyone who stumbles upon this in the future.

Thanks again for all your help!

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:05 AM, letsgrumble said:

You will need to use 775M2 Silver/Gold Mylars with a 750 board for silver age, pre-1976 bronze, annuals, or any thicker comic book over 64-pages. It will still be too tight if you keep these larger books in the M725M2/700FB combo. There's not much give in the 2 mil Mylar and you'll put a lot of stress on your larger books due to the tight space, particularly at the top and bottom right corners.

If most of your collection is dated after 1975, go with the 725M2/700FB but add 775M2/750FB for your annuals and such. However, if you have a lot of silver and bronze mixed with copper-moderns, might as well plunge into the 775M2/750FB combo for all your books so they maintain a uniform look.

Just my 2c

I use the 775M2/750FBs, but trim the FBs a 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch for the 80 page giants and such.

On ‎2018‎/‎06‎/‎04 at 8:03 AM, lizards2 said:

I use the 775M2/750FBs, but trim the FBs a 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch for the 80 page giants and such.

manually trimming boards to make them fit? Egads! :)

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, lizards2 said:

manually trimming boards to make them fit? Egads! :)

My wife is an elementary school teacher, so I bought her a paper guillotine cutter for her birthday one year. 

One of the best investments I ever made - I trim boards for custom fit, and trim down large ones with dings to eliminate the dings and use them on smaller comics.  I also buy the 11 x 14 microchamber paper from Conservation Resources, and basically cut them in half, and save a ton of $ on microchamber paper.  I used it just yesterday on microchamber paper, backing boards and trimming the ends off some cardboard sandwich shipping boards that were a bit too long.

And, of course, she uses it all the time at home as well.  In fact, just last night she was using it on an extensive project.

If you have a large collection, I highly recommend the limited capital outlay to purchase one.