• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crazy Run up on price than crash and burn. And I mean BURN!
3 3

339 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, grayzr said:

It's just not a show for non fans like walking dead was. I say was because walking dead is going into the toilet as well. Almost feels like someone on the TV team is trying to sabotage the show because it literally can't get any worse.

tumblr_n8ep0rPkqH1tnn072o6_400.gif

2 hours ago, The Resurrection said:

Marvel Two in One #52 was going crazy for awhile, selling raws for $30-45.00 and 9.8's over $200 and now is back to being a $5-10.00 book

Saw a few in the $2 boxes last weekend and passed on it.  Thor 344 was also everywhere for $2 and people were passing.   A couple guys sifting thru books beside me actually commented about Thor 344 and how far it fell and so quickly.

46 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Saw a few in the $2 boxes last weekend and passed on it.  Thor 344 was also everywhere for $2 and people were passing.   A couple guys sifting thru books beside me actually commented about Thor 344 and how far it fell and so quickly.

Another good one!

On 5/24/2018 at 12:19 PM, marmat said:

The Sixth Gun 1

This one fell like a rock...while copies were in the process of being graded. Never forget some of the frantic emails I got for customers to see if CGC would allow their copies to be pulled and be spared the cost of grading. 

1 hour ago, grayzr said:

It's just not a show for non fans like walking dead was. I say was because walking dead is going into the toilet as well. Almost feels like someone on the TV team is trying to sabotage the show because it literally can't get any worse.

Ha, I actually had a friend who didn't know if was a comic book show ask me if I had seen it because they liked it. I think it would be good if it was just written as a new concept.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Ha, I actually had a friend who didn't know if was a comic book show ask me if I had seen it because they liked it. I think it would be good if it was just written as a new concept.

The Missus and I enjoy Preacher. She knows zero about the comics, and it's been so long since I read them, I don't remember a lot about them, so we just enjoy it for what it is. The leads are appealing and enjoyable, and it's a fun, weird, violent little show. So many people seem hung up on the fact that it apparently doesn't resemble the comics very closely. Who cares? The comic is the comic, the show is the show.

Just now, F For Fake said:

The Missus and I enjoy Preacher. She knows zero about the comics, and it's been so long since I read them, I don't remember a lot about them, so we just enjoy it for what it is. The leads are appealing and enjoyable, and it's a fun, weird, violent little show. So many people seem hung up on the fact that it apparently doesn't resemble the comics very closely. Who cares? The comic is the comic, the show is the show.

It was entertaining enough. Not exactly a huge fan of Garth Ennis, and so I wasn't too bothered by the omission of some of his excesses by the show.

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

First series Gen 13 # 1

Yes, absolutely! I remember buying that one off of the wall when I was working at the LCS for about $60. As recently as a year or so ago, I was fishing them out of dollar bins, and have amassed a decent stack of them. (It helps that I also have a great affinity for that initial run). The book seems to be creeping back up a bit these days (seems to be a steady seller around $10 raw NM) but nothing at all like the insanity of those days. 

5 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

3 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

It was entertaining enough. Not exactly a huge fan of Garth Ennis, and so I wasn't too bothered by the omission of some of his excesses by the show.

The only thing that resembled the comic in the first season of the show were the three main characters. The story was not really part of the comics. I think a lot of the comic people were also upset of casting the main female, Tulip, who is Ethiopian instead of the White blond in the comics.

Preacher is a Modern classic series. Similar to Rick having both hands in TWD, but the story in the comics and TV show are almost identical in TWD.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

The only thing that resembled the comic in the first season of the show were the three main characters. The story was not really part of the comics. I think a lot of the comic people were also upset of casting the main female, Tulip, who is Ethiopian instead of the White blond in the comics.

Preacher is a Modern classic series. Similar to Rick having both hands in TWD, but the story in the comics and TV show are almost identical in TWD.

I was being a bit diplomatic. I really, really don't like Garth Ennis' writing.

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

I read Preacher as it was coming out, and really loved it at the time, but have never returned to it (too many new things to read.) But it makes sense that the hardcore fans may be turned off by the tone and the unrelated story of the first season. It's pretty different, from what I recall. But I still enjoy it, and am looking forward to watching the new season. I'm assuming most of the comic fans probably checked out a while back, but the previews look more like what I remember of the books. Maybe too little too late to woo the comic fans back?

Just now, Ken Aldred said:

Tell us how you really feel, Ken. Let it out!

5 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Also a factor in my enjoyment: Ruth Negga is super cute.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Ennis is hit or miss with me. I adored his Hellblazer run, and have good memories of Preacher. Didn't care for the Punisher stuff, or a lot of the random war books.

15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Tell us how you really feel, Ken. Let it out!

I find the frequent graphic scenes and general attitude a bit too sadistic. I've never been one for sniggering at someone else's misfortune, and I feel there's a lot of that in Ennis's work generally. When I've had a discussion about this in a comic shop, a common explanation is that the excesses are justifiable within the context of the story, but I just don't get it. (shrug)

Edited by Ken Aldred