• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books that money CAN'T buy...
4 4

77 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, newshane said:

This approach hasn't worked for me.

As one of the guys I hired to help said, "If it's not out there, it's not out there."

Also if it's out there, but it's in some old lady's closet who doesnt have a computer, or even has a computer but only visits cat sites, you'll probably never see it.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

Also if it's out there, but it's in some old lady's closet who doesnt have a computer, or even has a computer but only visits cat sites, you'll probably never see it.

Oh no-- that lady just died and they are throwing her stuff in the dumpster. It's curtains for that copy!

6 hours ago, catman76 said:

I could be wrong about the rarity of this one, but I never have seen another copy of Miracle Comics #3 for sale since I bought mine like 25 years ago. I have seen the other three issues for sale many times, but I don't think I ever have seen this one outside of my copy and all the photos of it online are from microfiche.

Heritage has two copies in their archives, FWIW.

https://comics.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=790+231+52&Nty=1&Ntt=miracle+comics+3&ic10=ArchiveTab-071515

Edited by stock_rotation

Adventure Time 15 Boston Comicon Variant. Was supposedly made for the show as a promotional. The show was cancelled because of the bombings on a Friday - but after the books would have shipped. The cover was eventually used for the Boston Comicon show variant of issue 17. I have to believe that some of the 15s exist. I've never seen one.

There are many Australian comics from the 1940s and 50s that are essentially impossible to find for sale, though I imagine they could be prised out of the few know collections for enough money. But you can't just Google them up.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:38 PM, kav said:

True.  If it was like some story on CNN or something that a million was offered-I agree that they might come out of the woodwork.  

I do think there are some collectors that don't need the money (yes, even a million or gazillion bucks) and would rather keep the "hard to find" book they own. 

Yes, most will come out of the woodwork and part with it for a substantial life changing amount of cash.

Probably my most posted single book. This book just hardly EVER comes up for sale. Just a couple on the CGC census. I often use Heritage as a gauge for GA rarity and they have never sold a copy. Not even one!! When the master of GA rarity himself Jon Berk brought his legendary collection to market it was missing this classic cover book. Not because he didn't have one but because I assume it was one of the few pieces he decided to keep for himself and that in my opinion speaks volumes to not only how hard it is to track down but to the coolness factor as well. NFS :cloud9:

18745080772_78bff44184_h.jpg

2 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Probably my most posted single book. This book just hardly EVER comes up for sale. Just a couple on the CGC census. I often use Heritage as a gauge for GA rarity and they have never sold a copy. Not even one!! When the master of GA rarity himself Jon Berk brought his legendary collection to market it was missing this classic cover book. Not because he didn't have one but because I assume it was one of the few pieces he decided to keep for himself and that in my opinion speaks volumes to not only how hard it is to track down but to the coolness factor as well. NFS :cloud9:

GPA says $532 :whistle:

Scrooge would probably appreciate it if any of you guys could find him a Redskin #8. :) I've got several 40s and 50s Charltons on my want list that I've never seen a single copy for sale of either. 

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

There sure is a lot going on on that cover. Can see why anyone would keep it. 

6 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

GPA says $532 :whistle:

I watched that VERY closely brother!! Not a bad result for a slightly brittle 0.5 if I do say so myself!! Wish i would have went after and won that copy honestly I could have almost cornered the market ? I wanted someone else to feel the same thing I do when i hold it though. Good thing my purchase isn’t on GPA I may get ridiculed for being forced to pay 40x guide to bring it home at the time ? 

If i recall you may have a few books in your collection that are as rare as hens teeth!! 

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

I watched that VERY closely brother!! Not a bad result for a slightly brittle 0.5 if I do say so myself!! Wish i would have went after and won that copy honestly I could have almost cornered the market ? I wanted someone else to feel the same thing I do when i hold it though. Good thing my purchase isn’t on GPA I may get ridiculed for being forced to pay 40x guide to bring it home at the time ? 

If i recall you may have a few books in your collection that are as rare as hens teeth!! 

Heheh. I don’t believe I have anything that would qualify as “rare” 2c