• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

100 Page Club
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Best reprint series ever?  I came across my first 100 pager as a 10 year old in the late 70s.  They seemed to be endless, three times the size of the comics I was buying at the candy store.  I grabbed every one I could find for hours of entertainment filled with golden age goodness.  I don't need to tell you what a pain they are to find in decent shape.  I'll start things off.  Cant wait to see someone post pics of the Berni Wrightson HoM or one of the Love books.  Have at it.

100BB.jpg.0cae5c2d5d558138b4fe279c9e6e834e.jpg

3 hours ago, iganatz said:

100ShazamB.jpg.5b847e54e7cdef13b79e3d4e5182faf0.jpg

I had a copy of this one when I was very young; I remember reading it over.  And over.  And over...

Great memories.  Not sure if I still have a copy, I sold a lot of my 100 pagers about 15 years ago to pay rent.  But I'm sure a copy will make it back into my collection again someday, I'll have to look for it at the next show I get to.

The only two I have scanned at the moment. The 100 Pagers from D.C. and the Giant Size from Marvel that were published simultaneously probably represent my own personal GA of comics.

F0oaj3.jpgmHgCyO.jpg

I was lucky to be a kid at the time these were first published, and to receive such a broad-based, cheaply-priced education about the back catalogue of DC's (and Quality's and Fawcett's) stories from the Golden and Silver Age, as well as some great, new Bronze material.

My favourite run is Archie Goodwin's Detective Comics; the most consistently-excellent new stories and quite an inspired choice of reprints, overall.

On 5/25/2018 at 4:21 PM, OtherEric said:

And one more

Batman_255.jpg

Batman_255_i.jpg

This was the last book of the Adams run and one of my favorites.  If they ever decide to reboot this Lupus character, I think this book would take off.  Like Smith with Conan #24, I think Adams went out with a bang with a great, tightly written -script by Wein.  I think I have about 5-6 copies of this book.