• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Do I Find a Good CGC Facilitator?

8 posts in this topic

I was working with a guy on getting books signed and authenticated, but it seems like something just isn't right.  I got one book back fine, but he's ghosted me on Facebook since May 8th.  I can see he has read my messages but won't answer.  He's still got two of my books.  I'd like to find someone that is a little more responsible in keeping good communications.

6 hours ago, Will Lewis said:

I was working with a guy on getting books signed and authenticated, but it seems like something just isn't right.  I got one book back fine, but he's ghosted me on Facebook since May 8th.  I can see he has read my messages but won't answer.  He's still got two of my books.  I'd like to find someone that is a little more responsible in keeping good communications.

Try emailing them if you have their email. I know Facebook messaging is not the easiest to conduct business by (hopefully you aren't talking about me in the post lol). Facebook is cumbersome because if a message is accidentally archived it's hard to find whereas via email you can do a search via a person's email and look easily in your inbox, sent, trash, etc.

If that doesn't help and you have concerns, contact CGC and have them intervene. 

16 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Try emailing them if you have their email. I know Facebook messaging is not the easiest to conduct business by (hopefully you aren't talking about me in the post lol). Facebook is cumbersome because if a message is accidentally archived it's hard to find whereas via email you can do a search via a person's email and look easily in your inbox, sent, trash, etc.

If that doesn't help and you have concerns, contact CGC and have them intervene. 

Well I had talked to them with no trouble through Facebook, then I sent a post on May 8th and it shows they read it but I got no answer.  I then sent another message... it shows they read it, but no answer.  I've sent 4 messages since May 8th and got no answer.  To be honest, after Torpedo comics canceled mail-ins for Frank Miller, I think the facilitator is ignoring me because they know it has screwed things up for me.  It's poor business how Torpedo handled the whole situation.  I've now got a Daredevil #183 signed by Conway, that I can't get signed by Miller... and 4 more #183 and a #184 I bought that I can't get signed.

On 5/25/2018 at 11:13 PM, Will Lewis said:

Well I had talked to them with no trouble through Facebook, then I sent a post on May 8th and it shows they read it but I got no answer.  I then sent another message... it shows they read it, but no answer.  I've sent 4 messages since May 8th and got no answer.  To be honest, after Torpedo comics canceled mail-ins for Frank Miller, I think the facilitator is ignoring me because they know it has screwed things up for me.  It's poor business how Torpedo handled the whole situation.  I've now got a Daredevil #183 signed by Conway, that I can't get signed by Miller... and 4 more #183 and a #184 I bought that I can't get signed.

Agree with @Kevlar (who is definitely a good facilitator) Do you have another way to contact the facilitator? (i.e. phone, txt messaging, email?)

I agree Facebook Messaging is not my cup of tea for contacting people, facilitators or anyone else. Just because it shows that someone has "seen" the message doesn't really mean they have thought about the message and are ready to reply. Facilitators are busy and they may want to answer your question appropriately.

Also, I do know that Miller will be at other signings, so not sure why they couldn't get him at another show?

If things don't get any better you may want to look at another facilitator...

(hopefully the facilitator sees this post and gets back to you soon!)

Edited by DjMartini
addition

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, Will Lewis said:

According to Jim Lee's Twitch stream, Frank Miller is scheduled to sign at Torpedo Comics at the end of June.  So I'm not sure it would screw anything up if the facilitator still intends to attend the signing.  I hope everything works out for you.

10 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

According to Jim Lee's Twitch stream, Frank Miller is scheduled to sign at Torpedo Comics at the end of June.  So I'm not sure it would screw anything up if the facilitator still intends to attend the signing.  I hope everything works out for you.

No Torpedo specifically said they would do mail-ins for the signing, and those mail-ins are handled for them by one specific facilitator.

Go with Kevlar or Dscott.  Miller has quite a few signings with those guys.  Avoid the Vegas crowd.