X-Men #129 cgc 9.8 for $15,000??!!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

288 posts

I think maybe a Sebastian Shaw/Mastermind movie 

:popcorn:

699 posts

Yes, it's a high price, but c'mon... free shipping!

1,797 posts

Kitty Pryde has a solo movie in the works, I believe.

Just add this thread to the endless heaps of threads where we point out an f-bay seller that has a ridiculous price and then everyone else pokes fun at how clueless they are. This really is the low-hanging fruit of the CGC boards.

699 posts
10 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Kitty Pryde has a solo movie in the works, I believe.

Just add this thread to the endless heaps of threads where we point out an f-bay seller that has a ridiculous price and then everyone else pokes fun at how clueless they are. This really is the low-hanging fruit of the CGC boards.

I anxiously await the more erudite and sophisticated levels of humour that you plan to bring to the boards.

7,665 posts

This isnt the real asking price, this is "I don't wanna sell it unless someone offers me stupid money for it" price.  

437 posts

If that copy was a unique CGC 10 and lined with a true gold border and a platinum (the actual metal) coating over Colossus for effect then I might understand.

9,065 posts
On 5/25/2018 at 3:58 PM, Brock said:

Yes, it's a high price, but c'mon... free shipping!

Actually, probably a low price considering that a X-Men with not only the first appearance of Kitty Pride and also Emma Frost, but also the beginning of the Dark Phoenix saga should in theory be worth a lot more than a no-name non-key Iron Man 30 in equivalent condition:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=689571&title=IRONMAN   :whatthe:  :screwy:

Maybe the consignor of the Iron Man 30 is the same seller here and hoping to hit another grand slam home run with his book here. :banana:

463 posts

Crazy price that no one would pay but.... there is no other 9.8 on Ebay.   

10,830 posts
On 5/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, blahposh said:

Was that not Emma Frost several years ago in the X-men: First Class movie with Sebastian Shaw? 2c Can't remember if movie mentioned 1960s Hellfire Club by name.

9,065 posts
On 7/3/2018 at 6:53 PM, aardvark88 said:
On 5/25/2018 at 2:46 PM, blahposh said:

Was that not Emma Frost several years ago in the X-men: First Class movie with Sebastian Shaw? 2c Can't remember if movie mentioned 1960s Hellfire Club by name.

Well, I guess this copy never ever did sell for the almost $15K asking price that it was hoping to get.  :screwy:

Would have stood a much better chance if it was asking only $1,500 and a sure fire sale if it was asking only $150.  

Not sure about the X-Men First Class movie, but they definitely do have the sexy Frost sisters and the Hellfire Club on Marvel's The Gifted TV show.  :gossip:

20,947 posts
On 7/3/2018 at 7:53 PM, aardvark88 said:

Yes. January Jones played the role. Here is a shot of her from the Hellfire Club scene.

Related image

Edited by kimik

13,786 posts
On ‎2018‎/‎07‎/‎03 at 7:53 PM, aardvark88 said:

The movie did mention the Hellfire Club, Moira mentioned the name of the club where Colonel Henry "disappeared" from.

154 posts
16 hours ago, kimik said:

Yes. January Jones played the role. Here is a shot of her from the Hellfire Club scene.

Related image

Betty Draper...:cloud9: