• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Everett thread
9 9

518 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

Ok - 2 more - again 1970s

Everett Subby i53 p18 001.jpg

Everett Fear 9 p1 (11) 001.jpg

He was positively on fire in the early '70s, health problems didn’t seem to affect his drawing at all, he just got progressively better. It’s truly a shame he died so young.

12 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

He was positively on fire in the early '70s, health problems didn’t seem to affect his drawing at all, he just got progressively better. It’s truly a shame he died so young.

He sure never skimped at the level of detail, that's for sure!

When I first started collecting (1979), like so many others I initially gravitated to DC's and Timelys.  However, too often I didn't have the funds to purchase the books I wanted. Fortunately there was an honest and very reputable dealer (Redbeard) close by who had a large selection of Centaurs available, including pedigrees. He pointed out to me that Centaurs had many of the same artists (Gustavson, Burgos, Thompson, Mills, etc.) as Timelys, but were more affordable. I acquired as many as I could buy at the time.

Still, one artist stood out heads-and-shoulders above the rest: Bill Everett. Even after all these years, I still get that "amazing" feeling when viewing his flowing lines and colorful inks (and his lettering, also). To top things off, he has one of the best signatures in the business too. 

Just a phenomenal talent and a true hobby icon!

Edited by sacentaur