• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Everett thread
9 9

518 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, *paull* said:

Everett had a tremendous career... did some of the best early GA work, some of the best 1950s work, and some of the best 1960s work.  But when he went back to the Sub-Mariner in 1971-1972 (issues 50-55, 57, etc), ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  When I first saw that work, I couldn't believe it.  It's remarkable.  He clearly put a lot of time and energy into those pages, and was doing far and away the best work of his career.  Just look at the inking on those pages!  Check out the original art pages that the Everett family sold via HA a few years ago. The work he was doing at that time is among the best inking I've ever seen in comics.

I've been a fan since I bought Sub-mariner 50 off of a drugstore spinner rack ….. It was so different from the rest of the stuff out at the time..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

In this week's Heritage auction, there's this . . .    It's not mine, but thought that people who frequent this thread might be interested.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/illustrations/bill-everett-ec-staff-cartoon-gag-illustration-original-art-1956-/a/122017-17470.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

lf.jpg

On 4/21/2020 at 6:42 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

In this week's Heritage auction, there's this . . .    It's not mine, but thought that people who frequent this thread might be interested.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/illustrations/bill-everett-ec-staff-cartoon-gag-illustration-original-art-1956-/a/122017-17470.s?type=lotlink--bidnotice-tracked-dailystatus

lf.jpg

Was bummed that they pulled both the Everett Marie lots :(

16 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Right? Which noble warrior here among us cut a side deal with Heritage?

8A429E70-0B11-4213-9DB6-8C313AACCC6D.png

That would deserve a Noble Piece Prize.