• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Everett thread
9 9

518 posts in this topic

I’ve been wanting to upgrade this one for awhile (my favorite Everett cover) but given its rarity, I might have to just be grateful for the copy I have.  Jack Kirby does the interior art.  I’m not sure if this is Golden Age or Silver.  Any thoughts?

Yellow Claw #3.jpg

Edited by Jasonmorris1000000

That one is gone now …. to California I believe. I have one available in my consignment thread in the sales forum with a 25% off sale going on. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

46 minutes ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I just saw that jimbo posted a gorgeous photo of Yellow Claw awhile ago.  I don’t suppose you have a scan now that you can share?

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

That one is gone now …. to California I believe. I have one available in my consignment thread in the sales forum with a 25% off sale going on. GOD BLESS....

Ted had a gorgeous copy a few years back.  I hesitated and regret it frequently. 

6 minutes ago, buttock said:

Ted had a gorgeous copy a few years back.  I hesitated and regret it frequently. 

If it was circa 2011, I bought it in Baltimore and then ended up selling it to October... I miss that book.... pushing 8.0. GOD BLESS....

Just now, jimjum12 said:

If it was circa 2011, I bought it in Baltimore and then ended up selling it to October... I miss that book.... pushing 8.0. GOD BLESS....

Now I know where to direct my wrath. 

Just now, buttock said:
1 minute ago, jimjum12 said:

Now I know where to direct my wrath. 

:boo:

My regret was leaving the #1 behind … but a boardie bought it. GOD BLESS....

Bender's had a copy and I decided to sleep on it... gone when I went back :sorry: I may have to try and find another. GOD BLESS...

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

Have you ever read the Everett biography, Fire and Water ?  It has scans of all kinds of drawings that would be impossible to buy, such as sketches he did for his family as gifts.  The book is written by Blake Bell.

2E4F3F57-B1B0-4D66-8BB3-77FC9EF712B3.jpeg

48B404E6-57B5-4CE0-A4D7-9B87A46543BC.jpeg

73C0377C-42A4-4F6E-8B45-1D7D8DE93CEE.jpeg

Just re-read it the other night.  You can get through it in an afternoon pretty easily, but you'll get lost in the illustrations. 

10 minutes ago, Cobbledclam said:

Sadly I recognize the owner of that crack and it kills me to say so.

(worship) If anyone could recognize someone by looking at a couple of inches of buttcrack I knew it would be you! (worship)