• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bill Everett thread
9 9

518 posts in this topic

Nice examples are few and far between I guess. His signed stuff would have been sketches or specialty pieces. I’m not sure if he signed comic pages . Good question I can’t help much but I’d love to know myself 

13 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Nice examples are few and far between I guess. His signed stuff would have been sketches or specialty pieces. I’m not sure if he signed comic pages . Good question I can’t help much but I’d love to know myself 

I haven't seen hardly any Everett signatures outside of on his original art - so I'd say rare

15 hours ago, Northwest said:

How rare are Everett signatures?

Someone on here has a few Everett signatures on interior comic pages, MARVEL MYSTERY books if memory serves. I can't remember who, but going thru the Timely thread (most recent on backward), you'd bump into them. They're awesome and Id love to have one of them!!! 

1 minute ago, Frisco Larson said:

Someone on here has a few Everett signatures on interior comic pages, MARVEL MYSTERY books if memory serves. I can't remember who, but going thru the Timely thread (most recent on backward), you'd bump into them. They're awesome and Id love to have one of them!!! 

Yes, I remember seeing that too. It’s his classic “painters pallet and brush” sig! (thumbsu

36 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

I found it!!!! THIS is the book with the Everett signature!!! I would love to own it if it comes up for sale!!!! (worship)

Glad you found it but is that correct, Subby in Target comics? ???

On 6/2/2020 at 4:50 PM, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I’ve been wanting to upgrade this one for awhile (my favorite Everett cover) but given its rarity, I might have to just be grateful for the copy I have.  Jack Kirby does the interior art.  I’m not sure if this is Golden Age or Silver.  Any thoughts?

Yellow Claw #3.jpg

I don't know if it was a coincidence, but I was able to upgrade to this copy about a week after posting my desire to upgrade.  These chat boards are awesome.

Yellow Claw #3.jpg