• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! 8 Early Actions starting with #26 Affordable!
1 1

28 posts in this topic

Hey Gang. I got eight early Action Comics coming up today. Starting with #26. Be fore warned, these are all low grade but affordable copies. You high grade guys can just move along now. But, you poor schmoos like me who just want to own some early Superman might just want to stick around...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $5.00 each for up to two comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. 

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years. 

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #26 July 1940

Ad for Batman #1 on last page.

No back cover. Front cover is very bright and detached. Was folded in quarters at one time. Could be a marriage but I got it this way. Centerfold is neatly detached. Yellowed but very supple interior paper.

Was $225.   Now $200.

action26a.jpg

action26b.jpg

action26c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #28 Sept 1940

Lots of old school amature restoration. Has reinforced interior spine and lots of funky color touch on spine and a few spots on edges. Book is detached from covers. Complete with off white interior paper.

Was $200.   Now $160.

action28a.jpg

action28b.jpg

action28c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Action #37 June 1941

Has ad for World's Finest #2 inside back cover and a nice full page ad for Superman #11 inside.

Missing back cover. Front cover is from the Fred Ray estate and is married to a coverless copy. Bright and clean with no missing pieces. Comes with ebay verification. Has old glue spots in corners on inside. Book is complete with well attached centerfold. Lots of light foxing spots. Interior paper is off white and supple.

Was $150.   Now $130.

action37a.jpg

action37b.jpg

action37c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #45 Feb 1941

Missing back cover. Front cover is from the Fred Ray estate and is married to a coverless copy. Bright and clean with no missing pieces. Comes with ebay verification. Has old glue spots in corners on inside. Book is complete. It is dirty mostly on outer wrap. Has rusty staples and numerous spine and edge tears. Interior is yellowed but very supple.

Was $125.   Now $100.

action45a.jpg

action45b.jpg

action45c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #85 March 1945

Lotsa old tape around edges of cover. Somebody wrote the names of the interior features in pen at bottom and the date 1945 at top. Small chip out top both top of front and back covers. Slightly yellowed and supple interior paper.

$50.

action82a.jpg

action82b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #107 April 1947

No back cover. Front cover is detached and has several tears including a long one through the bad guy's face almost to Supe's leg. A few small chunks out. Interior is slightly rolled but complete with attached centerfold and nice yellowed and supple pages.

$35.

action107a.jpg

action107b.jpg

action107c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #129 Feb 1949

Ad for Superboy #1 inside

Missing back cover. Front cover is neatly detached. Front cover is tanning inside and a small water spot in lower right corner. Supple and complete. Interior is nice with tightly attached centerfold. Pages are cream but supple with no damage.

$35.

action129a.jpg

action129b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Action #135 Aug 1949

Complete and bright. Top staple is neatly popped. Some light edge wear and a few edge tears. Interior pages are tanning and have a few small edge chips on first and last pages. Supple and can be read easily.

$55.

action135a.jpg

action135b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

24 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Action #135 Aug 1949

Complete and bright. Top staple is neatly popped. Some light edge wear and a few edge tears. Interior pages are tanning and have a few small edge chips on first and last pages. Supple and can be read easily.

$55.

action135a.jpg

action135b.jpg

take

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Action #85 March 1945

Lotsa old tape around edges of cover. Somebody wrote the names of the interior features in pen at bottom and the date 1945 at top. Small chip out top both top of front and back covers. Slightly yellowed and supple interior paper.

$50.

action82a.jpg

action82b.jpg

:takeit:

Many back covers have full of ads. Probably that was the reason of the missing back covers.

I used to have 25 GA Adventure Comics from the same owner - four back covers were neatly cut. Left 1/2 inch left on the back cover from the spine. Amazingly no detached cover or tape.

Edited by JollyComics

:takeit:

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Action #107 April 1947

No back cover. Front cover is detached and has several tears including a long one through the bad guy's face almost to Supe's leg. A few small chunks out. Interior is slightly rolled but complete with attached centerfold and nice yellowed and supple pages.

$35.

action107a.jpg

action107b.jpg

action107c.jpg

Edited by Kevin.J

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Action #129 Feb 1949

Ad for Superboy #1 inside

Missing back cover. Front cover is neatly detached. Front cover is tanning inside and a small water spot in lower right corner. Supple and complete. Interior is nice with tightly attached centerfold. Pages are cream but supple with no damage.

$35.

action129a.jpg

action129b.jpg

Take it

Edited by Kevin.J