• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mylites 2 and Toploaders
3 3

26 posts in this topic

Can I just throw out there that it's incredibly frustrating that I can't marry e.g. a golden size mylite2 and a golden size top-loader from the same company? The mylite is just slightly too large. Why? Currently I have all of my books in golden size mylite2's and golden top-loaders and it wrinkles the mylite a bit. I just didn't feel like buying another bunch of mylites and/or top-loaders, but I don't like that there's side pressure on the mylars. It doesn't seem to affect the book itself (they are still flat, no waves), but man....

6 hours ago, SilverSniper said:

Can I just throw out there that it's incredibly frustrating that I can't marry e.g. a golden size mylite2 and a golden size top-loader from the same company? The mylite is just slightly too large. Why? Currently I have all of my books in golden size mylite2's and golden top-loaders and it wrinkles the mylite a bit. I just didn't feel like buying another bunch of mylites and/or top-loaders, but I don't like that there's side pressure on the mylars. It doesn't seem to affect the book itself (they are still flat, no waves), but man....

yes I find that annoying as well

I don't like the top loaders at all. The books never fit snug inside and there is too much movement.  I once received a book that was shipped inside a top loader and the book banged around inside causing damage, similar to the SCS of slabs. I would rather put the book, bagged and boarded, inside a 4mil GA  mylar. 

Edited by Bomber-Bob

On 6/1/2018 at 8:18 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't like the top loaders at all. The books never fit snug inside and there is too much movement.  I once received a book that was shipped inside a top loader and the book banged around inside causing damage, similar to the SCS of slabs. I would rather put the book, bagged and boarded, inside a 4mil GA  mylar. 

They definitely are not for shipping due to the room inside you mentioned. They are great for storing on shelves, or at comic shows. Just this passed Saturday at a comic show a fellow vendor's wall got bumped by his helper and all the books on his wall fell to the floor. They were all in top loaders so nothing happened to them. Pretty sad it happened though, as it was the first time the vendor had brought his really good books. The show organizer promised to give the vendor free tables if he would bring his "good stuff".

Between you all and me: Kinda annoying that the comic vendor right beside me got free tables where I had to pay for mine. 

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

Between you all and me: Kinda annoying that the comic vendor right beside me got free tables where I had to pay for mine. 

Yes. Assuming the vendor told you about his free tables, he should have kept quiet about it.