• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I was going to read "War and Peace" this summer but...

45 posts in this topic

Kav.... not to correct you, but I can tell you with great certainty that the official term for what that seller put forth in his listing is not "fine print"... No, no... THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a "manifesto".  A good old fashioned, get yourself a cabin and some hoodies and write it all long-hand in a dream journal kinda thing.   WOW.

Oh, and PS? ... I picked up on at least one "nick" and handful of "molecules" on the back cover.

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Well he would qualify it but he doesn't go into every molecule-

1 minute ago, fmaz said:

Kav.... not to correct you, but I can tell you with great certainty that the official term for what that seller put forth in his listing is not "fine print"... No, no... THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call a "manifesto".  A good old fashioned, get yourself a cabin and some hoodies and write it all long-hand in a dream journal kinda thing.   WOW.

Oh, and PS? ... I picked up on at least one "nick" and handful of "molecules" on the back cover.

-and remember folks manifestos don't manifest without years of tearing at one's hair over life-

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

I didn't care for the inconsistency of terms ("I" versus "we" or "our"). Those Ts&Cs need a revision.  

Should be re-written in third person.

Just now, newshane said:

Should be re-written in third person.

Cal who has several levels of writing styles

Just now, kav said:

-and remember folks manifestos don't manifest without years of tearing at one's hair over life-

That is very true!

And also, never forgot - you can't spell manifesto without the "Oh" in "Oh my goodness, stay away from THAT guy!"

Every one of you just made the "list". 

As soon as he gets through barking at the moon and punishing all of his stuffed animals that have been bad....YOU'RE ALL GOING ON THE "LIST"!!!

Edited by Domo Arigato

7 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

You hear me you puss-filled fartgoblins?

As soon as he gets through barking at the moon and punishing all of his stuffed animals that have been bad....YOU'RE ALL GOING ON THE "LIST"!!!

Whats the restocking fee for that-

2 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Thank goodness I'm already on nut-bar's list. :banana:

11 minutes ago, joecgcmaniac said:

Thank goodness I'm already on nut-bar's list. :banana:

:gossip:  You were only on the level 1 list before.

3 hours ago, fmaz said:

2 minutes ago, joecgcmaniac said:

Level 15- Accessory to posting Cal-bot memes.  :insane:

Oh thats bad

His terms certainly do make for “interesting” reading. 

At one point he says that he combines items at a rate of $1.00 per each additional item. 

A little later, his states that the assumption that the buyer will purchase more than one item is baked into his shipping charges. 

Translation: he’s gonna over-charge you good for shipping.  

If there's one defect that puts me off buying a comic more than bad or uneven miswraps and miscuts, rusted staples, rat chews, insect damage, subscription creases, soiling or staining, it's broken inter-atomic bonds down at the molecular level.  

I expect the screening of my purchases to be much more stringent than described by the seller. Terrible laziness.

Edited by Ken Aldred