• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

86 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Texan 8- 3.0- $375

Underrated great Baker cover!

IMG_2461.JPG

IMG_2462.JPG

If you send this book to CGC with a press as well, I would buy it at that price.  Last 8 raw books I bought from these boards came much lower than stated grade so I will let the dealer have the book graded by CGC.  Then I am protected.  Thanks for understanding.

3 hours ago, SLR5 said:

If you send this book to CGC with a press as well, I would buy it at that price.  Last 8 raw books I bought from these boards came much lower than stated grade so I will let the dealer have the book graded by CGC.  Then I am protected.  Thanks for understanding.

You should let us know when something like this happens..... I always like to hear about grading results with the books I sell.... and I'm sure Rick does as well.... good or bad, it's a learning experience...GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

59 minutes ago, Comcav said:

Rick is one of the best graders on the boards.  Sure, everyone can be off .5 here or there, but safe to say I have bought a LOT from him, always very happy.

Come on William, you have not purchased that much.  lol

I agree (as I believe most boardies would) that this is something better handled through PM.  

I have purchased raw from Rick and the books were well described in his post and I have been happy with them.  

9 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I agree (as I believe most boardies would) that this is something better handled through PM.  

I have purchased raw from Rick and the books were well described in his post and I have been happy with them.  

define "that much" as I fear I have, hahahahah

23 minutes ago, Comcav said:
33 minutes ago, Hudson said:

define "that much" as I fear I have, hahahahah

..... I've bought several books from the Rickster, and was NEVER disappointed....... a Planet 30 he called an 8.0 is one of the prettiest books in my collection.... with a Rick 8.0, who needs a higher grade (shrug) GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

9 hours ago, SLR5 said:

What??? Are you kidding??? :whatthe:. Rick is a very tight grader and one of the most stand up guys on the boards. If you want a better copy, I heard there is another site called EBay that maybe you should try.  :baiting:

4 hours ago, Comcav said:

Rick is one of the best graders on the boards.  Sure, everyone can be off .5 here or there, but safe to say I have bought a LOT from him, always very happy.  Some good sellers on the boards, Rick is SO good that I simply don't think twice about buying raw from him.  Not sure we've had any issues, but of COURSE he'd make it right if we did.  He's just is a stunningly good guy.  so @SLR5 not sure why you took it upon yourself to try to ruin his thread, but just the wrong way to handle... whatever your problem appears to be.

+1 Rick is top shelf, Never would hesitate to buy a raw book from him.  Only wish I had more money to do so....

56 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

+1 Rick is top shelf, Never would hesitate to buy a raw book from him.  Only wish I had more money to do so....

^^^^ This. (thumbsu  Rick is awesome to deal with and his grading is spot on if not a little on the low side.

8 hours ago, Comcav said:

Rick is one of the best graders on the boards.  Sure, everyone can be off .5 here or there, but safe to say I have bought a LOT from him, always very happy.  Some good sellers on the boards, Rick is SO good that I simply don't think twice about buying raw from him.  Not sure we've had any issues, but of COURSE he'd make it right if we did.  He's just is a stunningly good guy.  so @SLR5 not sure why you took it upon yourself to try to ruin his thread, but just the wrong way to handle... whatever your problem appears to be.

Yep, agreed.  to be honest, and with all due respect, his grading is first rate and more consistent than CGC :shy:  .   He is one of those I seek advice from regarding grades, so no problems there (thumbsu

On 5/30/2018 at 2:23 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Teen-Age Romances 45- CGC 6.0- $7500- SOLD to CC

This is just put out there for fun. The single toughest in the series in my opinion. Lone highest graded. My favorite Baker romance cover. Honestly, the book is worth this much to me. It never comes around for sale. 

IMG_1309.JPG

bc.jpg

I thought you were going to title the thread "Rick's Moment of Weakness".  :foryou:  Such a rare book.