• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
4 4

86 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

SLR5, I don’t remember if you bought from me before and had that experience.  I’ve had people press and grade and be 1 point and .5 under, dead on and .5 over, 1 point over and once 1.5 over my grade. Everyone should press before they grade now. I think the deductions for non color breaking creases, etc seem stronger than before. The push seems to be toward pressing unless you have a smooth book to start with.

If anyone has a 1 point or greater differential and contacts me I’ve actually taken the books back if it was brought up to me. 

I am sorry you have had misgraded book experiences, apparently with multiple sellers here.  Many buyers prefer to buy raw here as well. 

I do see now you bought a Western Bandit Trails.  If it was pressed and graded and came back 2.5 or less I will buy it back for what you paid and pay for the grading. That’s how I roll. If I miss the mark on something I make it right.

I had a $5k raw book that was screened and had two married wraps.  I gave the buyer $5k back. My reputation here as a seller is pretty good.  

Didn't mean to imply that you were a lousy grader.  You sound sincere and have a number of backers on these boards.  So I will think about buying the book.  Thanks for the response.